Monday, May 12, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

The girls and I had a fabulous weekend. We made it to my moms house around 6:30 and got the car unloaded. My bro, sis in law and niece came over shortly after and we played some cards for a bit. Isabella and Ava went with them and spent the night at their house. It was cute as we were playing cards...Ava was sitting on Dialevash's lap in her pj's, hugging her new Koala Webkinz and her new quilt Pa bought for her - she was so tired but wasn't going to give in and fall asleep out of fear of being left behind. LOL She would turn around every few minutes to Dialevash and ask "DeeBash, we go your house now?" The way Ava talks cracks me up - I don't do it justice describing it or typing it out like she speaks - but it warms my heart every time I hear her talk (well, most times!!! The kid talks nonstop). LOL

Saturday morning Dialycia called around 9:00 am wanting to know when we were coming out to the house - the kids wanted to go outside and play but Uncle Trent said they couldn't go out in their pj's. (um, the kids won out on this argument because by the time we got there around 9:45 they were all outside in the pj's hitting balls from the pitching machine). LOL Trent had just bought the pitching machine thing the night before and we all took turns swinging the bat at it. Talk about COMICAL!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when a 10 year old, 6 year old and 2 1/2 year old are better than the adults. heehee

They filled their pool a couple weeks ago but the water is still VERY chilly. Well, Dialycia accepted a bet from her dad and decided to go swimming. Of course, Ava and Isabella wanted to follow suit. My girls were too cold and got out just about as quick as they got in. But, it was if a bright neon, flashing sign was going off over the house proclaiming: THE POOL IS OPEN!!!!!!! Because within minutes 6 other neighbor kids were at the house jumping in and swimming.

I went and jumped on the trampoline with Isabella and Ava - boy oh boy, that can wear you out! I had my heartrate up and my muscles aching after 15 minutes of jumping. Trent made us lunch and then Ava went down for a nap and Isabella and Dialycia went over to one of the neighbors to play. Trent, mom and I camped out in front of the TV and watched America's next top Model marathon. Mom and Trent made dinner (spaghetti and garlic bread) and then we all went out for round 2 of the pitching machine humiliation. I gave the girls a bath and then they all went in Dialycias room to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks and we played some cards. We finally went home around 9:30 pm. It was a great day. Sitting out in the swing by the pool, watching Trent the pool boy clean out the pool and listen to the kids squealing and laughing - life can't get much better than that.

We got up and packed up and headed home pretty early yesterday. I came home to a big Victorias Secret bag and another pretty bag next to it. They got me the most beautiful pair of thin cotton Victorias Secret button up pj top and pants and the most gorgeous necklace from Brightons. There is a story behind Isabella being tricky and asking me what I wanted for mothers day all on her own but my wrists are sore from all the typing. LOL The day ended with me and my baby girls sitting on the couch and them showering me with tons of hugs and kisses. Now, that was the perfect mothers day gift one could ever ask for!

No comments: