Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunny Day

The sun has been out for 2 whole days and what an impact it can have on your mood - well, at least mine! It has been cloudy and dark most of last week and I get so unmotivated when it's like that. I can handle a day of darkness but then I need the sun!!!

Last night when Steve came home we wanted to get out of the house so we went to Watson's. I don't know if they are throughout the states or not - but it is a huge store selling outdoor goods - hot tubs, big swing sets, pools, patio furniture as well as pool tables, etc. Well, we went and spent almost 2 hours in the store. The kids played on the play sets for a bit while Steve and I discussed what we liked/disliked about each one for when we decide to buy one. Then we went and looked at all the hot tubs and crawled in a few that didn't have water in them. Finished out the "tour" by playing air hockey, Ms Pac Man, Asteriods (I think that's what it's called) and some other video games they had on display to sell. The kids were ready to leave before Steve and I - we were hooked on the video games. heehee

Side note before I forget - if you are looking for some beautiful music by a great group - check out Selah. I found them about a month ago and have fell in love with their music. I have a few songs on my playlist but I really enjoy their music.

Steve is off today so we are hitting the gym and then probably just playing outside. Thursday our Wii game arrives (JD got us one in Florida and is sending it to us via UPS). Right now we have his while he is out of town and we have so much fun playing it. The disc that comes with the Wii has lots of things to do (bowling, tennis, golf) but we have rented a couple of games from Blockbuster and have a lot of fun as a family playing it. Last night Isabella rented some Carnival game that has all of the games and events you would find at a Carnival/fair on it. To be a fly on the wall while Steve and I were doing the strength game (the one where you have the hammer and hit the mat and the little ball rises hoping you are strong enough to hit the top bell). Well, you have to basically pump your arm up and down to get the "strength" built before you release and hit the mat. Um, one try was enough for me. Enough said. LOL

Off to get this day started!

No comments: