Friday, May 9, 2008

Answered Prayers....(I think)

Ok, so we survived the allergy testing. Isabella actually did great. She started crying a little bit before they started and said she didn't want to have it done. Once I told her she didn't have an option and it WAS going to happen she stopped crying. She barely made a peep when they poked her TWENTY FIVE times. Her little back has dots all over it. :(

Anyway.....she is allergic to NOTHING. Not a single thing they tested for. Molds, pollens, dust, animals, milk, trees, grass, shrubs, etc.. So, that is great news. It was hard to wrap my mind around at first because I was sure she was going to be allergic to everything but what awesome news that she isn't! Then, he went on to say he doesn't think she has asthma. He said it is soooo rare for a child to have asthma and no allergies. There are some doctors (he is one) that doesn't believe in cough variant asthma, while our Pediatrician does. I have a call in to her to talk about everything so I'm still confused in that area. He wants to have her off of everything for asthma and go from there.

He believes she is having sinus issues which are causing her coughing or she has acid reflux. He had us go get a sinus x-ray and then bring the film back to him - and it showed she has a severe sinus infection going on right now. So, we are going to do a round of massive antibiotics (I'm going against my homeopathic philosphy on this because I don't want to mess around - I just want her to get better - quick and without a fight of having to take the oil of oregeno - she's been through enough already today). So, if she doesn't have asthma and just gets severe sinus infections that cause the cough - I will be very, very happy with that. Sinus infection over asthma - I'll take that any day. But, like I said, I'm anxious to talk to our Pediatrician because she has been adamant that Isabella has cough variant asthma. Once I know more, I'll update on that. But, no milk allergy - yippee!!! Isabella came home and ate a big bowl of cereal for lunch. LOL

Oh, she also did some lung capacity tests or something like that where she blew into a machine and it measured something. (Nice that I listened and process all of that info - LOL) She scored what she should have for her age, weight and height so all is well with the ole lungs. But, I knew that already - the girl is a motor mouth and talks non stop!

We were there for 4 hours so thank goodness Ava was at the neighbors. Amy took her to the gym with her so Ava got to play in their child watch area. When I picked her up they were watching Cinderella - but Amy said the last 30 minutes or so Ava kept telling her that she missed her Mommy and wanted to see her Mommy. (yeah, she really does like having me around.)

Well, we are getting ready to go to the school and listen to Isabella read Green Eggs and Ham. If I can figure out how to put video on the blog I'll have Steve upload it. Thank you everyone for your prayers for Isabella. I pray she is healed and will not have any issues further! Fingers crossed.

No comments: