Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What a weekend! Tons of Pictures

My oh my!!! What a weekend. Lots to talk about and tons of pictures to go with it. The pictures are in reverse order because, like I've said many times before - I stink at adding pictures on blogger. Oh, well!

We left early Saturday morning to head over to Lawshee, Ohio - population 200 - give or take. We made it there in about 3 hours and the first thing we got to see when we arrived were KITTENS!! There were 5, 3 week old little kittens. This sparked "Mommy, can we have one?", "Puuuuulllllleeeeaaase can we have just ONE?". I finally said sure, but you have to give away either Daisy or Molly. That ended the conversation quickly because they love Daisy and Molly. We decided to venture out and go to the Peterson (my mom's family) train trussel. I kept calling it a train trellis - LOL. We all piled in the back of Cecelia's (my moms best friend) truck and headed over. What rednecks we were!! It was me, Steve, the girls, Dialycia (my niece), My mom, 2 of my uncles, my aunt and a dog in the back and another dog in the front seat with Cecelia. My little city girls adapted to the country quite well I must say (much easier than their Mommy). They had no fear and walked across the trussel without missing a beat, then went down and scouted out things along the creeks bank. Dialycia found a live mussel and Ava found a live frog. Ava played with that frog the entire time we were there. The men all skipped rocks across the creek - and it was just a peaceful, beautiful time. We loaded up in the truck to head home and I noticed Ava had a mussel shell with her holding it with both hands. I asked what she had and she replied "a frog house". She had put her frog inside of the empty shell. I didn't take my digital camera on this venture but Dialycia got a great picture of Ava and her new friend on Mom's camera.

My eye had been bothering me all day so I took my contacts out and put my glasses on and I felt better. Sunday morning we got up to go to church and although my right eye was a bit puffy, it didn't hurt when I put my contact in so I didn't think much about it. My vision was a bit blurred but nothing that made me think I shouldn't be wearing my contacts. After church we went out to eat, came home and changed and headed over to Serpent Mound. It is such a neat place and we climbed the tower to view the masterpiece of the Serpent in the grass. While walking we saw some trails. Someone had the bright idea for us to head down one of the trails. I was wearing - flip flops, a skirt and carrying a Coach pocket book. Perfect hiking attire right? It was glorious and beautiful and once again, my city girls were soaking this up. Oh yeah, along the way - Ava found another freakin' frog!!! The pictures in the post are of the 2nd frog/toad. We did talk her into letting this one go before we got into the car. After a stop at an ice cream joint on the corner, in the middle of nowhere we headed back to Cecelias to play corn hole. (google it if you aren't aware of what corn hole is - LOL). At this point all of my uncles (5) and my aunts were over at Cecelias. Everyone played cornhole for several hours and enjoyed a BBQ. At this point, my eye was giving me some trouble and pain so I took my contacts out. INSTANT pain. Watering eyes, red eyes - stabbing, throbbing, raw pain. I tried playing cards for a while but the kitchen light was causing my eye to water and my eye hurt everytime I blinked.

I called it quits in cards (I was losing anyway - LOL) and washed my face and decided to head to bed. The pain continued to intensify and I swear I thought I was having an anxiety attack from it. Everyone who was still there recommended I go to the ER. So, off we went. Diagnosis - severe corneal abrasion. I received an eye patch (so stylish!!!), some pain pills, eye drops and was ordered to basically stay in the dark and not open EITHER eye for at least 36 hours.

My mom took the girls the next morning with her to the Memorial day service at the church and cemetary and Isabella brought my digital camera with her I found out this morning in fact! The picture of Ava in the red shirt with the a on the front, the goats (the baby one was only about 4 days old) and of the butterflies was taken by Isabella. I love the picture of the 3 butterflies! Meanwhile, Steve packed up all of our stuff and as soon as they returned we headed home. I literally couldn't open my left eye because it caused such severe pain in my right eye - so I just kept a pillow on my head. This was actually our 9 year anniversary and as Steve led me to the bathroom at one point he said this was just a look into the future 40 years from now (one of us having to lead the other to the bathroom. LOL)

Once home, I layed on the couch and listened to Isabella watch some TV. Steve said he would read the paper to me if I wanted or he could download an audio book. So, he downloaded the Janet Evanovich book I had just started reading and I listened to it for a few hours. He had to go back to work yesterday morning but I still couldn't see anything after I removed the eye patch. The girls were so wonderful, caring and just down right perfect yesterday. Isabella made toast for them, made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and entertained Ava. Steve made me an appt with an Optomitrist and we had my eye rechecked last night. He said it was healing nicely and would just continue to improve each day. I go back on Friday morning for a recheck before I put my contacts back in.

This morning I feel soooooo much better. Thank you for your prayers. It is still very sensitive to light so I feel like I've made the house into a cave. The girls will have to play inside for most of the day until Steve comes home because it's so sunny outside. But, they'll manage.

Oh, and the picture of Ava's knees - the girl was constantly falling because she was running so darn hard everywhere she went. She was beyond excited at every adventure we experienced.
























No comments: