Monday, May 19, 2008

Glad I'm in Indiana today

This morning as I was sitting and drinking a cup of coffee, reading the newspaper and listening to the TV (such a multi-tasker - LOL) I happened to look up and notice the weather in Dallas today - NINETY EIGHT DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heck? It's not even June yet! Now, it's only in the 60's here so our weather isn't much to write home about but I'll take mid 60's and sunny vs 98 degrees in May! There were many, many things I loved about Texas - but the heat was not one of them.

We are in dire need of going to the grocery store. Our pantry is bare!!! I really dislike the grocery store, meal planning and all that is associated with cooking (bad wife!) so of course going to the grocery is just another dreaded chore. I vowed to Steve today that when Isabella is in full day school next year I was going to dust off the apron and start cooking some full meals. Maybe my dislike of cooking is because just as I finish cleaning up one meal it's time to start working on the next one. LOL Ok, enough complaining by me!

Isabella has one more day of school left and then it's the school play/graduation. I will be glad to have her home all day and not have to stop mid-day to take her to school. (am I crazy saying that????)

Well, off to go get Isabella's hair cut. Her hair is WACKY lately. We don't know if it's because she's starting to get some curl in it, the chlorine from the pool or if her steriod inhaler she takes daily is changing/affecting the texture. Whatever it is, I can tell you it is a nightmare to comb (and this isn't just from me - hubby agree's wholeheartedly - he even googled it today it's that bad. LOL).

No comments: