Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Graduation Eve

Alrighty, the eve of Isabella's kindergarten graduation and play and thank goodness I thought ahead just a bit about what she was going to wear. I use to be uber high strung, stressed over everything, planned things days, weeks, months in advance. Now, I'm mediated for the above mentioned and kinda go with the fly by the seat of my pants routine. LOL Old Alisha (aka pre-medicated) would have known and had in my possession what Isabella would be wearing tomorrow on her first day of kindergarten. Which brings me to the pickle I realized I was in....Isabella has the following shoes that fit - crocs, flip flops and tennis shoes. Now, I may be laid back now, but I sure as heck haven't lost my fashion sense. heehee So, I have entrusted my dear hubby with the task of buying shoes after he finishes working out (the girls went with him to the gym). I guess I should be thankful I semi-planned ahead and thought about it tonight, otherwise tomorrow I don't think there is enough medicine out there to have changed my freaking out at 8:30 a.m. and deciding which dress looked the best with crocs. LOL

Alrighty...every parent thinks their child is talented and gifted right? Steve and I are included in the group. But, really - all biased feelings aside, Isabella really has an eye for art. Today she brought home a chalk drawing (is that what it is called?). Blue sky, green grass, brown tree trunk and limb. So simple, but yet she somehow visualized it pretty profoundly for a 6 year old (ok, here is the Mama who thinks her daughter is the next Van Gogh, Matisse, Monet, Michaelangeo - LOL). I'm attaching pictures of two pieces she did last year in PRESCHOOL when she was almost 5. Van Gogh's Sunflowers and Monet's Water Lilies. More pics tomorrow from the play and graduation.
































No comments: