Thursday, May 8, 2008

$4.059

That was the price of a gallon of gas today when I stopped to get it. I kept debating in my head, should I fill up, get a little or get a half a tank with it at that price. So, I got a little over a 1/2 a tank ($40 worth) and am crossing my fingers it goes down in price soon. This gas deal is starting to tick me off. I have very minimal driving that I have to do - Isabella's school is only about 2 miles away, the gym is 8 miles away and my car does get pretty good gas mileage. But still - we have to put premium gas in my car so it all adds up. We are on the verge of having to buy Steve a new vehicle (within a few weeks we are going to have to buy him something) and while he really wants a truck, I just don't think we can afford gas for a truck - at least not a "manly" one. He drives approx 17 miles to work so really not all that far, but with gas at this price, he'll be driving a moped. LOL

Isabella has her allergy testing tomorrow. Please pray for her - at this point I just need the prayer to be for her peace going into the testing. Isabella is very, very scared when it comes to doctors and shots so when she found out yesterday while talking with her Pediatrician that it is going to be SEVERAL and I mean SEVERAL pokes and prods and scratches on her back - Isabella instantly went into panic mode. She is the type that FREAKS when she just sees the tweezers to pull out a splinter - let alone trying to remove the splinter. Ava on the other hand, will sit as quiet as a mouse and as still as can be while you work and tug and pull to remove a splinter. Night and day the two of them are.

I have really spent a lot of time talking with Isabella about tomorrow and how she works herself up over FEAR instead of the actual pain. I promised her a new Webkinz if she will be brave for me. She asked if she was able to cry and I said yes, I just need you to be calm and not flopping all over the exam table with 5 nurses holding you down. LOL I'm going to bring her iPod and some books and hopefully have her be distracted with the music and having her read and focus on the books. I just hope it is over quickly and we have some answers and a game plan.

The results from the doctors visit yesterday - she tested negative for strep, she does have fluid in one ear but nothing an antibiotic would help (which was a moot point because I don't treat my kids ear infections with antibiotics unless it is absolutely necessary - I use Mullien oil and have had 100% success with treating ear infections with this homeopathic method). Ok, getting side tracked here....basically she is suffering from allergies since going off of the Singulair in preparation for the testing tomorrow. We had hoped to actually take her off the Singulair and use the steriod inhaler only to treat her asthma but this doesn't appear to be an option. She has had to use her rescue inhaler at least twice a day for the past 4 days because the allergies are triggering asthma attacks.

I *know* Isabella's illness could be much, much worse. She could have some terminal disease - so I am thankful for that. But, severe allergies, asthma and food allergies isn't something that you can just look the other way. When you eat something and immediately break out into hives, red itchy splotches (is that a word?) and you throw up - that's kinda severe in my eyes. On a side note - since stopping her milk intake and switching to soy (which she isn't really thrilled with at this point - even the Very Vanilla soy) her eczema is gone. Her arms and legs are as smooth as a baby's bottom. LOL But, we'll have answers tomorrow and I'll post the update and info tomorrow evening.

The girls and I are heading to my moms tomorrow after school - Isabella reads Green Eggs and Ham to the class and Ava and I are going in to listen - so we'll take off after that and come back on Sunday morning. Last year I had a gorgeous Coach purse and wallet sitting on the counter upon my return. Could it possibly be a repeat this year????? :)


No comments: