Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Slumber Party

That's where the girls are tonight. And who would have thought their first sleep over besides family would be with a boy! LOL Just kidding - sorta. Over the weekend, Amy said she wanted to have the girls down to have a slumber party with her kids (Amy is Christine our babysitters Mom). Amy and Mark (her husband) *adore* our girls - and the girls love and adore them just the same. They play with Jack and Cory (Jacks older brother) every day. Christine is 15, Cory is 12 and Jack is 4. So, tonight is the night. I dropped them off (they only live 2 houses away from us) at 5:30 so they could eat dinner with them and start the fun! They will just be happy to be able to eat after 8:00 pm and eat something other than fruit for a snack. LOL Amy said all the kids were going to sleep down in the basement (finished), watch movies and play all night. The girls drove me crazy all day long wanting to know how much longer it was until they got to go.

I know I've said it many times before - but man, oh man - I absolutely LOVE our neighbors. Saturday night we had a "party planning" meeting. We (JD, Ellen, Steve and I and Pam) are hosting the neighborhood 4th of July party. So, we met on Saturday evening to finalize all the details. It's going to be so much fun! We sat outside in our back yard for about 3 hours talking.

Then Sunday there was an auction across the street at the model home (they auction off the model homes furnishings when they get ready to sell the house). Tons of our neighbors came out to get some good deals! We all sat and talked before the auction started and then after it ended Steve and LaTonya's husband (the one who I asked if he was her son or son in law - not one of my finer moments. heehee) helped Myron aka "Preacher" move a 5 piece master bedroom set he won down to his house.

While all the moving was going on the girls were over with Ellen while I was talking to LaTonya and Pam - they were sitting on the front porch, rocking in their rocking chairs, eating chips and drinking coke that Ellen had brought out for them. Once again we all sat around and talked until 10:30 pm.. Mark and Amy, Pam, JD, Ellen, Steve, me and Joe (lives 2 houses down from us) sat in JD's front yard, ordered pizza and shared many, many laughs. Everyone is really forming a strong bond and friendship - lots of laughing and kidding is always taking place when we are together.

We have nicknamed most of our neighbors (well, the ones we know) - Steve is Chef, I'm Security (I'm always home and outside with the girls so I know all the comings and goings in the neighborhood), Ellen always calls me "The Hot Chick" - I think I like that name better. LOL Amy is The Landscaper because she has a beautiful yard, Joe is The Cop (he works for Homeland Security but his work car is white like an unmarked cop car, with security light, tons of antennas and CB's/radios, cop lights in the back window, etc), his daughter who is a holy terror is nicknamed Dennis the Mennis by JD (very, very true by looks and behaviour), the President of our Home Owners association is called The Mayor, Myron - the Preacher because he is a lay minister in his church. Those are the ones off the top of my head. I just realized while typing this JD and Ellen don't have nicknames. **note to self**must work on this. LOL

Well, I'm heading up to soak in a bubble bath and enjoy the silence while the girls are away for the night. (This post is more of my ramblings than usual but besides being a way to keep all of our friends and family updated easily, it also serves kinda as a journal for me to be able to look back and reference and remember things. )

No comments: