Friday, July 11, 2008

Home visit - Day 2 &3

So, on our 2nd day here Trent and Dialevash and girls came in town and ate breakfast and then picked Ava up to head back out to their house. Mom and Terry had some errands to run so I mowed the yard for mom (she has a zero point turn riding lawn mower so it makes it super fun to mow). So after I finished mowing I headed out to my bro's house for a little swimming. I layed out for about an hour to get good and hot (remember, I'm a self admitted wimp when it comes to getting in water that's cooler than 90 degrees). I knew walking into the water via the steps would be painful for me and I would cool off before I made my way down, so I opted for the slide. Um, I felt like an 8 year old again - but it was so much fun! So much so, I went down it again. I had a little trick all planned out of having my pest, oh I mean niece, put one of those pool noodles in front of the slide so I could grab onto it on the way in the water and therefore not fulling submerging myself and my sunglasses. Um, Miss Thang, I saw the deceit in your eyes and the cunning smile you gave me as you were pushing it over. So, as soon as I was mid-slide, she pulled it away. She was "holding" it for me so it wouldn't float away. Yeah right! Hey, at least I am good for the entertainment purposes right? heehee

Dialycia and I then proceeded to have as many swim contests as we could come up with. She must have felt sorry for the beating I took while she pitched to me and I think she actually let me win a couple of races. After a couple hours of swimming we all got out to rest for a bit. Ava and I napped while Dialycia and Isabella played. My mom had come over at this point and Dialycia and Isabella went out and swam with her. Mom enjoyed the slide more than the girls. She would go down head first thinking she was once again a 6 or 10 year old but we had a lot of fun swimming. We were in the water for about 6-7 hours total yesterday.

Trent and Dialevash grilled out some dinner for us (all the veggies came from their garden and they were so good) and then the kiddos swam for a couple more hours and I jumped in the shower while mom watched them outside. She and I headed home and the girls spent the night with Dialycia. I told Mom - she and I are just dust in the wind when Isabella and Ava are around Dialycia, Uncle Trent and Aunt Dialevash. Ava still was fighting a pretty decent fever but felt good as long as she had motrin in her.

Today - day 3 - Mom and I ran a bunch of errands and did a little shopping. Met Terry for lunch and then did some more shopping. The girls stayed out at Trent & Dee's house and made cookies and lip gloss. They had so much fun once again today. Dialycia had a game tonight but they won by forfeit because the other team didn't have enough players tonight. Tomorrow is the rest of the tourney and their first game is at 10:00 am. Once again the girls are spending the night with their cousin. We head home tomorrow after the games are done. Hopefully, we get to leave after we see their super cousin win the fast pitch tournament!!!! I'll post pictures once I get home - I forgot my camera cord.

No comments: