Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! - PHOTO Filled

Well, 3 years ago at this very minute Steve and I were on our way to the hospital to be induced and finally meet our baby girl. We longed for Ava and prayed for Ava for 2 1/2 years and when we were about to be able to meet her we were thrilled! She completed our family and was joyfully welcomed.

These pictures are kinda all over the place. I wish I had taken some more time to sort through them and have them all in order by dates - but I didn't. They are just a small group of some of my favorite pictures of Ava but also gives you an idea of the life I lead parenting this child. She keeps me on my toes to say the least!

Here I am at 32 weeks pregnant.
Oink oink - 36 weeks pregnant here.
Here I am at 37 1/2 weeks -10 days before I delivered. We had planned on taking a picture right before we went into the hospital to be induced, but we forgot because we were so excited and ready to get the show on the road!
One of my favorite pictures ever - sisters meeting for the first time. Isabella was 3 1/2.
Moments after I delivered. Don't I look great? hahaha

Sleeping baby girl a few hours after birth.


Mothers Day 2007
Ava playing outside in Cincinnati house on our neighbors fence. 9 months old.
1st day of church - 7 weeks old


Daddy reading to Ava - approx 18 months




Memorial Day 2007 - Isabella 5 - Ava - 22 months
1st time at the Beach 2006 - 11 months old. She ate a ton of sand this trip.

Sea World - Orlando, FL 11 months
2nd Disney World Visit - 2007 -20 months

Ava - "playing quietly". Got the Desitin out of the diaper bag and used it as face cream. May 2007





This was taken BEFORE the Desitin.


Isabella's 5th Birthday Party - Tea Party and Ava HAD to be a part of the dress up play 18 mths


Easter 2007 - 20 months
2nd Birthday at Maggiano's - 2007

April 2007


1st Birthday in Cincinnati - We had a Fiesta for her and the entire neighborhood came. Here she is deciding if she wants to hit the pinata.

Ava was nicknamed the screamer the first year of her life - the following pictures lets you see how she got the nickname.












Hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane (I know I did). Her birthday is actually tomorrow - 7/26 but I know I won't have time to do this tomorrow. She was born at 9:15 am after 2 easy sets of pushes, with the cord wrapped around her neck tightly 2 times. I thank God for her daily.
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1





1 comment:

Amyhope said...

Alisha,

I LOVE this retrospective! It's so funny how many of the pics I remember from past blog entries--I think the one of daddy reading to her is one of my favorites, and of course the desitin is memorable! I'll never forget when your sweet miracle arrived, while I was pregnant with my first miracle, and how exciting it was to hear that she was born, safe and sound. Congrats on 3--I can't believe our babies are getting so old!!!

:) Amy