Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When healthy turns unhealthy


Ok, not all kids eat healthy or a wide variety of foods. But, thankfully, we have exposed our kids to different foods and suprisingly they really like healthy food. Well, it also helps that we don't have junk food around the house - but, I digress. Last night we were having a spinach & arugula salad with white balsamic vinagrette. Isabella LOVES spinach salad and so she wanted a salad. She went ahead and was fixing it herself when after a few minutes I look up to see she had poured enough dressing for the ENTIRE salad on her plate. Um sweetie - you just turned one of the healthiest things you can eat - leafy greens into something so unhealthy. I guess I need to teach her how to drizzle her dressing on in the future. LOL
Here I took a picture of an extra dressing cup to show how much dressing the kid poured on her plate. heehee While most kids eat frozen corn dogs, hot dogs & fish sticks (do they still make fish sticks?) - my kids ask for broccoli, sushi, salad, and fresh fruit. I think my girls are just about the only kids who don't like french fries, mashed potatoes and hot dogs (now, Isabella likes hot dogs but Ava won't eat a bite of one). Which thankfully, I'm glad they don't like those over processed, poisen filled foods. I personally feel like you could open their mouths and pour bleach down and get the same nutrional value as the crap most people eat - but again, I'm digressing. I really just have a different view regarding food than most. Seriously, have you read the ingredient labels on all these processed foods? It's a freakin' science experiment - all of these chemical compounds and words you've never heard of. I just view that stuff as toxins - and don't buy it. ok, enough enough I know. Onto brighter and prettier things - look at little miss Ava. I found these pictures on the camera just a minute ago. Isabella took them yesterday aparently since this is what Ava wore yesterday.

Wanna fight? Let me see what you've got.

Ahh, I could kiss that face all day long - well, until she speaks. LOL Can you believe my baby is going to be 3 in 2 weeks????? How have 3 years passed so quickly? She's my last baby, boohoo - I can't believe I won't ever hold another little baby in my arms (well, that I've given life to that is). Can you see the rottenness in her eyes? They sure are deceptive. muwahh



No comments: