Thursday, July 10, 2008

Home - Day 1

The girls and I are down at my moms for a few days. We came down Wednesday after my dentist appointment. My niece had a fast pitch softball game that we went to. They were playing for the league championship but lost 3-1 so they came in 2nd place. Tomorrow night starts their tournament and it finishes on Saturday. My brother coaches the team and my sis-in-law helps. These 10-12 year olds are GOOD!

At the game I felt Ava and she felt warm when we got home she had a 103 degree fever. The fever really didn't come down so she ended up coming home with mom and I while Isabella spent the night with Dialycia.

Before we left my brothers though Dialycia started practicing pitching. FAST PITCH!!!! She's 10 years old! Want to make matters worse? I decided to try and hit off of her. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! She technically struck me out several times but I did manage to get to get a few hits off of her. So, note to self - when wanting to feel good about yourself and remember that 25 years ago you were a decent SOFTBALL player, don't let your 10 year old niece throw fast freaking balls at you and you decide to swing at them.

We headed home, Ava talked in her sleep most of the night, well, until 2:30 am when she decided to go and crawl in bed with my mom and Terry. Terry (Pa) finally got up at 4:30 am because Ava decided to use him as a foot rest during the middle of the night. Grammy was her pillow.

More tomorrow on todays adventures. I'm worn out and heading to bed early tonight. The kids are spending the night with Dialycia tonight so I am enjoying the silence while it lasts.

No comments: