Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Game on!

JD is going out of town for work for about 6 weeks so he brought us over his Wii for us to use while he is gone. Isabella and I have been having a blast playing each other. Darn her! She is soooo good. I wish I could blame it on the hand and eye coordination but really you don't need much with the Wii. I even did the "training/practice" exercises they have for tennis while she was at school today hoping that would *up* my game. Um, no - it didn't help. Isabella can keep a tennis volley going for a loooong time. The most I returned - FIVE. Its sad. I think it's even sadder that I'm practicing to try and beat my 6 year old. LOL

We got Isabella some Silk organic soy milk and she loves it. I was worried if she would't like it but she does and it doesn't make her sick - yippee!! She is having her allergy testing done on May 9 and has to stop taking her Singulair now so it will be out of her system and not affect the testing and results. Hopefully, with the cold weather we are having right now, the steriod inhaler she takes daily will do the trick.

Last night we went and ate sushi. I hadn't eaten sushi in a loooooong time. I think since we left Texas. Well, we brought the kids with us and figured they would be able to eat some noodles and rice. And did they ever. We got them some soba noodles and white rice, Isabella wanted some dumplings (don't know where she heard about them) but we got some steamed pork (my vote was shrimp or crab since I've given up eating pork but I was outvoted) - and Isabella ate them and loved them. In fact, kept asking us if we would stop at the store on the way home to buy stuff to make them. Also, they both ate edamame (steamed soy beans in their pods with sea salt). What topped the meal off for the girls was using chopsticks. They used chopsticks for the entire meal. I wish I would have had my camera - it was priceless!!!! Truth be told, they did better than most adults using them. We didn't have a single piece of silverware on the table except the chopsticks. It kept them entertained and occupied. They were so darn good! It was a great family meal.

Well, I need to get dinner started - it's almost 5:00.

No comments: