Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yippee Skippeee!!!!!!!!!

The Office is back on the air tonight! Oh, how I love me some Office. Several months ago we bought some new fish for the tank and named them Dwight, Angela, Michael, Pam and Jim - and guess what....during the strike they all died. I kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isabella likes Angela - because during the bat episode when the bat flew out in the office Angela did stop drop and roll to escape it. LOL She also likes Jim and Pam so she named 3 of the fish - Angela, Jim and Pam and I took Dwight and Michael. And, another funny thing - the Dwight fish chased the Michael fish around the tank. Ok.....I'm a dork I know!!!!!!!!!

Probably allowing my 6 year old to watch The Office DVD's with me won't get me a nomination for Mother of the Year. Then, add my latest great Mom moment to the list! The kids wanted to go swimming at the gym yesterday so I called Steve and he said he'd take them. He even asked if it was open swim and I said I was pretty sure the only time it was closed was on Mondays. He even went further to say, well, make sure it's open swim and THEN tell the kids he would take them. I'm guessing you all are seeing where this is headed. He gets them to the gym and all changed and switched into swim suits....drum roll....private swim lessons are taking place. He was NOT happy with me. So, after bribing them with candy and a trip to the pet store to check out the animals they came home happy - well, kinda. Steve still wasn't too happy with me.

We've enjoyed nice warm spring weather the past few days but this weekend it's suppose to be cold. Thankfully, just for 2 days and then it's warming back up. We spent Sunday and Monday working in the yard and prepping the flower beds for the season. I just love this time of year - new life all around. trees budding, plants peeking through the ground, checking out what survived the winter and is standing strong. Of course - our house is afflicted with seasonal allergies so lots of sneezing and sinus headaches. It's more Steve, Ava and I with the sneezes and runny noses - Isabella and her asthma has trouble going from hot to cold. Hopefully, we will be decreasing her inhaler to one puff a day and then in the summer going off of it until the fall. She still takes her Singulair each evening though - which explains why her allergies are kept at bay.

No comments: