Saturday, April 26, 2008

Please pray for Isabella

I mentioned in the previous post about Isabella and possible food allergy - well, we are almost positive she has a milk food allergy. Not a lactose intolerance but an allergy. Last night she had a bowl of cereal, almost immediately after eating it she told me she felt like she did the other day at school after eating the donut and drinking the milk. We had not even mentioned to her about the potential allergy - she just unfortunately is getting use to being sick to her stomach after eating. Well, she continued to feel bad for several hours and came into our bedroom around 1:00 am and said she felt like she could throw up. She eventually did and then remained up for the rest of the evening not feeling well. Why oh why do I not take note of this stuff much sooner? She complains of feeling like she has to throw up quite often actually. Although I KNOW that isn't normal, I never know if she is exaggerating or if she is kinda gun shy thinking she's going to throw up since we had that virus a couple months ago. I feel like the worst mother in the world - especially since she coughed at night for probably close to a year. ugh - I feel even WORSE typing it. So, first thing Monday morning I will call our Pediatrician (who is a childhood friend of mine) and have her set up allergy testing ASAP. I'm going to pick up some soy milk tomorrow and she how Isabella likes it. When I did a quick google search this morning on milk allergy I felt like I was punch in the gut - she had/has every single symptom - plus, Wednesday after I picked her up from school I noticed a red rash all over her arms but just attributed it to dry skin. She has had eczema for a few years that we put a steriod cream on and it controls it but now I'm wondering if the outbreaks are from the milk (eczema outbreaks are a symptom of the allergy). It will be nice to have the advance allergy testing and skin pricks done so we will know for sure. Hopefully, the milk allergy isn't the culprit.

I spoke with my neighbor Lori's husband today and asked how she was doing. He said she was so-so and would be inpatient at the psych ward for about a week and then go into intensive outpatient. He said she has struggled with depression for several years and the last year and half it's hit her pretty hard. He said Lori was really glad to see him and glad he came to visit last night. Brian said he took her some clothes today but the hospital has a system/routine in place that doesn't allow visitors on the 2nd day. There is limited visiting hours tomorrow and he'll visit then. Her Dad is flying in town tonight and will be able to go see her tomorrow as well. Please say a prayer for her and for Brian. This is really hard on him seeing her suffer and he doesn't want a divorce and is holding on to some hope she will get the therapy for herself she needs to be able to mend the marriage.

Steve is having to work disgustingly (is that even a word?) long hours today. He had to fire a guy because he came in to work drunk. Steve went to work at 6:00 am. and it's now 9:00 pm and he's still at work. Thankfully, he is off Sunday and Monday so he can sleep in tomorrow. We'll hit the gym for some cardio and lift a few weights, pop into the tanning bed (Steve too!) and then Steve and another neighbor are going to take the girls and their daughter Sophia to a park to play.

I talked to my sister in law Dialevash today and she said they filled their pool yesterday. Hopefully, it won't take too long for it to warm up. She bought a solar cover for it and the pool gets full sun all day so we can't wait to swim all summer long! She and my brother will be sick of me and the girls by summers end. heehee Dialycia won't ever want to come and spend some time with us up here with a pool in her back yard - maybe we can twist her arm for a visit!

Off to go watch a movie with the girls - Labyrinth. Had never heard of it until we watched it one night with Ellen. Isabella is normally a super duper chicken when it comes to anything even remotely spooky but she and Ava fell in love with this crazy movie. They loaned us the movie but I bought a copy off of ebay since the kids watch it every single night. I'm sure once I give this DVD back and the one I bought arrives they'll be sick of it. LOL

Good night!.... Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite! That is Isabella and I's saying every night before bedtime. I'll say to her Good night, sleep tight and she will respond back "don't let the bed bugs bite". It didn't start out to be a nightly tradition bt it just stuck. My good night saying for Ava is Me: See you later alligator, Ava: After while crocodile. I love they will grow up with that memory. (After typing this I feel very deja vu - like I've typed this on a recent post....if so - excuse my forgetful memory.)

No comments: