Saturday, April 19, 2008

5.2 @ 5:37

Can you believe we had an earthquake here in Indiana???? I was awakened by the doors and windows shaking at 5:37 in the a.m.. It even woke Isabella up. She came into my bedroom after it finished (probably about 15 seconds of rumbling and shaking) and asked if we were having a tornado. I told her no but I was pretty sure we just had an earthquake. First thought was someone was trying to break in the house but the security system wasn't going off so I knew that wasn't it and then my second thought was maybe Jesus was coming back to rapture us. I actually let this sit in the forefront of my mind for several minutes and kept praying for it to be true. Once the TV was turned on though I realized my earthquake scenario was correct. Steve had already left for work and was driving and said he didn't feel anything. A few hours later I guess there was an aftershock and he felt that one.

Last night JD and Ellen took us out to eat and then the kids went over and watched a movie with them. We went in on a big order of mulch to be delivered on Monday so our houses will match - especially along the fence row. So, Steve and JD will be spreading mulch all day Monday.

Tonight they had a "Spring Fling" at Isabella's school. Basically a big fundraiser. They have games set up in each of the classrooms, big bounce houses and slides in the gym, food and silent auction baskets in the cafeteria and the library had prizes for you to redeem from playing the games. Steve had to work tonight but the girls and I had a good time and we saw just about all the other kids from her class and I was able to catch up with the other Mommy's. We also saw Christine (our babysitter) and her brother Cory who were working at the prize center - so the kids got to get lots of love and hugs from Christine and all her friends.

Isabella will be reading Green Eggs and Ham to her class on May 8 (I think that is the date). Each Friday, a student in the class gets to read a book of their choice to the class. Isabella's favorite books are Dr. Suess books so it makes perfect sense for her to pick a classic like Green Eggs and Ham. It was between this book and A Fly Went By.

After dinner last night we went on a walk with JD, Ellen and their dogs. Isabella walked Waffle (small little doggie), Steve had Mikey and JD had Verdel. Ellen and I just walked and talked. Almost all of the neighborhood was out so we were able to catch up and talk with everyone. We live in a great neighborhood!

Well, the bunk beds are now seperated once again and they each are in their own rooms. Sharing a room didn't last but a few weeks. Steve and I are struggling with the girls right now. What is it with kids, the more you give the more they expect?????? LOL We have spoiled our kids way too much. Spoiled them with toys, stuffed animals (Webkinz - I think Isabella has over 30 - of course we didn't buy them all) and now even with our time. Steve and I both spend so much of our time in direct contact with the kids - coloring, playing games, hopscotch, sidewalk chalk, playground - even watching TV they want us right there with them. Some would think - what is the problem??? Well, they almost freak out when they are told no when asking us to do any of these things. I guess too much of ANYTHING isn't a good thing.

Trace Adkins has a song - You're Gonna Miss This - and I keep reminding myself that I WILL miss being woke up by a 2 1/2 year old every morning telling me she wants to eat, or asking me to play Barbies with her, coloring with Isabella, etc.. So - I'm trying to continue to remind myself of this but Steve and I are still wondering if we are turning them into brats??? We already know we've spoiled them - but are they now spoiled brats??? (I'm saying this sorta tongue in cheek and sarcastic. So, don't anyone go off spewing emails about how bad of a mommy I am!!! I tell myself that enough without anyone elses input!) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, wouldn't that have been GREAT if it had been Jesus coming for us! I wonder if that would have gone through my mind that early in the morning! I love it.... I was LOL reading about you thinking Jesus was coming back. You are one of the few that I know that would really honestly pray for that! :) Leslie