Monday, June 2, 2008

Am I the only one?

I am the first to make fun of myself when I say something goofy -this happens often - just ask Steve. I make up words all the time!

So, I love the show Top Chef on Bravo. I had noticed in the last couple of episodes a couple of the chefs had made "Sweet bread". One chef even mentioned it's like a "crispy chicken nugget". Odd comparison I thought.

Well, the other day while driving I told Steve I hope they have sweet bread on the menu at Charlie Trotters when we go because I really wanted to try it. (The judges RAVED about how delicious sweet bread was, how great it tasted and on and on).

Ok....when I think of sweet bread - I think of banana nut bread, zucchini bread and so on. So, he and I were watching an episode the other day together and it was talked about again. I asked him, "how do you make the sweet bread they are talking about" . (Thinking to myself, because it sure doesn't look like banana nut bread.) Being my naive (stupid?) self, I said - what do they do, just batter it and fry it? He looked at me crazy and said "it's a thymus gland" . Apparently, it's not ANYTHING like what I had been thinking. Well, I said then - why don't they just call it what it is, they had me all confused???? He asked - would you rather eat fois gras or "goose liver"? Point taken. Fois gras sounds much better (until I learned how they got that goose liver so fat and juicy). :(

So, the moral of the story - I really, really hope there are not any sweet breads on the menu at Charlie Trotters unless it's going to be Banana Nut bread! LOL

No comments: