Monday, December 22, 2008

Great Neighbors & SIL update

First news - My sister-in-law (SIL)was released from the hospital today. Thank you God!! I appreciate everyones prayers more than you know. I love my SIL very much and I was very anxious and worried about her the entire past week. It is a wonderful blessing to have her resting in her own home tonight! She will probably be off work for at least a month so her recovery is going to take a while so please keep her in your prayers if you can.

Second - have I mentioned about what great neighbors I have. LOL JD called around 2:30 actually asking to see if Steve wanted to come over and watch some football tonight. Since Steve had to work I guess the girls and I were 2nd best and he invited us to come over as well. While we were over there I was complaining about our pipes being frozen in the laundry room and not being able to do any laundry (and I had a mound of it!). They offered for me to use their washer and dryer and I took them up on it. JD came over and got the laundry baskets as well as all the wet clothes from the washer and took it over to their house. Obviously when our builder "fixed" the problem we had with the pipes freezing in the laundry room wasn't a good fix! And, an even better reason they are great friends - he gave me a pain pill for my back. I won't go into the entire story as to how I once again hurt my back - first part was rear ending the truck last Wednesday on the way to the hospital and the second part was slipping on some ice and busting my behind Friday evening. LOL But, needless to say, when I bend over at the waist - I cannot stand back up without assistance.

The weather here in Indy is FREEZING. This morning when I woke up - it was one degree! Wind chill was 17 below zero. And, if that wasn't bad enough - due to strong winds yesterday afternoon - the electricity went out for over 8 hours!!! We were headed to another neighbors house for a Christmas party and the electricity went out at 4:00 and finally stayed on around midnight. We enjoyed the Christmas party via candle light and then came home to the house temperature registering 55 degrees. It was cold, cold,cold!!!! And, to make matters worse with the freezing pipes, the washing machine was mid-cycle when the electricty went out and still has water sitting in the basin. Hopefully tomorrow it will warm up enough to allow the water to drain - that or the plumber or whomever is suppose to come and fix it will be able to insulate the pipes properly (which is what they should have done in the first place) - but I digress.....

JD was kind enough to take the clean and folded laundry upstairs and the other basket in the laundry room. I'm going to go and put it all away and get the kids ready for bed. To say they are excited for Christmas would be a major understatement! Steve has to work at noon tomorrow so I'm going to get up and head to Target and finish up shopping for their Christmas stocking, mail out Steve's parents gift that just was delivered Saturday and then we are good to go! Steve is off on Christmas eve - and I am just as giddy as the kids with excitement.

No comments: