Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting ready!

Day by day we are getting ready for Christmas. We are pretty close to being finished shopping, Christmas cards are 90% addressed and ready to go, a lot of presents have already been wrapped - so it seems we are on top of things this year. I'll probably mail out the presents for the out of town family early next week to allow plenty of time for delivery. Hopefully, there isn't a big kink thrown into the remaining planning.

The girls and I headed down south to visit family last weekend. We spent most of our time over at my brothers and sis-in-laws house. We had a great time and the girls were happy to play with their cousin.

Steve and I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. I have achieved one small goal of mine - to do the dreaded torture machine - the moving stairmaster for 45 minutes. I did 40 minutes Monday and 45 Tuesday and I survived. The total exhaustion from doing it has subsided so I guess my body is over the shock of hard core cardio. LOL

Today has been spent washing bedspreads, sheets and clothes. Also, filling bags for goodwill while Isabella was at school and Ava was napping. They have way too much stuff - well, JUNK! Tonight is Family night for the school bookfair so the girls will go and pick out some new books.

I'm in the process of re-reading the Twilight series. The first go around I was in such a rush to find out what was happening I wanted to re-read at a slower pace - I actually picked up on several things missed the first time. And, it is even better the 2nd time around! Saw the movie and UGH, horrible and yuck was all I can say. I knew who was cast for the characters before I read the books so I already had the "Hollywood" image of the characters in my head. I know books made into movies are never the same but this was such a huge disappointment. So low budget and cheesey and horrible character development. I watched it with low, low expectations but it was just horrid to me. Such a let down. I still love me some Edward Cullen though! It helps that I do feel like Steve loves me like this character loves Bella in the book and I, in return, love the same way. Corny - I know!

No comments: