Saturday, August 30, 2008

Open House

Well, we are all set for Ava to start school on Tuesday. I went to the parents meeting on Wednesday night and then Ava and I went to the open house Thursday morning. She is excited to start and she enjoyed playing and exploring at the open house.

Wednesday evening the girls went next door to hang with Ellen while I went to the parents meeting. It was a mini-celebration having them there. Jenny came over (she's living in an apartment now) to see them and Pam (lives between Mark/Amy and JD/Ellen) also came over to see the girls. I sound like a broken record I know, but I LOVE our neighbors so much. They are funny and they adore my girls - what more can you ask for? So, when I got back from the meeting they were eating pizza, drinking punch Ellen had made and then practicing their "model" walks and poses. It was cute.

Tomorrow we are having an organic wine tasting here at the house. Ellen, Pam, Mark and Amy and one other neighbor who just moved in a couple months ago (I see her every morning and afternoon at the bus stop so we've quickly become friends) are coming over. Steve has to write an organic menu to be paired with the organic wines. He came home with 7 bottles of various reds, 2 white wines, 1 bottle of champagne and 1 bottle of port. I knew there was no way in the world we'd be able to drink all of those by ourselves this weekend. LOL Then Monday we are having them all over for a Labor Day cookout. Should be fun!

The troops are wanting fed to off to figure out something for lunch.

No comments: