Thursday, August 14, 2008

It has started

The door to door sales from the neighborhood kids selling for school fundraisers. We had our first one tonight. Of course, I bought from her - cookie dough. Isabella wanted the m&m cookies and I bought Snickerdoodles for me (my fave!). Steve and I don't send Isabella door to door. We just make a larger order from us and then let it be. I guess there is nothing wrong with knocking door to door, but we just don't do it (yet!).


We are starting to settle into a routine. Realizing bedtime needs to be moved up still. We have been getting her to bed between 9:00 and 9:30 but I have had to wake her up every morning and every morning she has been tired. Tonight, I'm shooting for 8:30 - so we'll see how that goes. I just had supper ready for her right at 5:00, baths at 6:30 for Ava, 7:00 for Isabella. Then homework at 7:30 and now they are watching a movie winding down for the evening. Still haven't figured out where homework should be put in the schedule. She's always so hungry when she first comes home from school I don't want to make her do it then, then after dinner she's always ready to go play - so I think it will fit either before bath or after bath. Right now, we have just been having math homework each night - soon, reading, writing and spelling will be added to the mix. She loves learning - she's nerdy like that (she did NOT get this from me - heehee) so she's enjoying doing it thus far. But, then again, we are on day 3.


I thought life would be a breeze with one kid only at home - but I've been quite busy. The gym in the am is a must, because otherwise, Ava wants me to play dolls with her the entire day. I can only do so much pretend play a day. Her Daddy is MUCH better at playing than I am. I'm a reader - so I read with her and do puzzles with her all day long - the pretend play - not my cup of tea - BUT I do it. She had given up naps for the most part this summer, but we are on day 3 of Isabella in school and day 3 of napping for Ava after lunch. That's, when the laundry folding gets done and ironing.

Today, we were all run down - I don't know if it's sinus/allergies or just my body adjusting to getting up at 6:30 am each day and going, going going - but after doing some cardio and then one of the hardest yoga classes I've taken in a long time, Steve and I both took a little nap. Hopefully, tomorrow is better.


So, that's our first few days of life with a 1st grader. She's loving it so far - and Mama is adjusting!

No comments: