Saturday, August 23, 2008

Just Use God

Sometimes, I'd love to think like a child - to them, it's usually all so clear.

The other day after school Isabella and I were sitting around talking and she heard something on the TV about the election and becoming President. She out of the blue said " I dont think I ever want to be President". I asked her why? She told me they always get shot at and killed. I said, who are you talking about and she said Abraham Lincoln and "some other guy". I said, John F. Kennedy and she immediately said yes, him.

I told her they have Secret Servicemen to protect them and security is much greater than it was when those two were shot. She immediatly asked "well, why don't they just use God? He could stick his hand out in front of the bullet and they would be safe and protected." Ahh, gotta love a 6 1/2 year olds mind and thought process.

No comments: