Friday, October 10, 2008

We have a mean girl

And it's not Ava!

Yesterday Isabellas school had a walk a thon and parents were encouraged to come and walk with their kids. So, Steve and I went. Isabella barely paid any attention to us. Well, all the little girls were walking and holding hands when I noticed this one little girl going up to Isabella trying to hold her hand and Isabella was blatantly refusing to hold her hand. Steve and I looked at each other and were MORTIFIED!!!!!!!!!!! To make matters worse, the little girls mom was walking right in front of us and I'm sure saw Isabella being a little brat. Steve walked up to Isabella and pulled her aside trying to find out what was going on but Isabella wasn't saying much. We were so embarassed to say the least.

A little back history - Isabella talked about this little girl being one of her good friends the first month of school. She called her usually a couple nights a week and talked on the phone to her and everything. Well, I started recalling Isabella not talking much about this little girl after she spent the night over at Emmas. Also, I remember a couple of times at school Rylea telling the teacher Isabella wouldn't sit next to her etc but I didn't think much of it at the time. So, as soon as Isabella gets home from school yesterday I get to the bottom of it. Apparently Emma has informed Isabella and Madison they CANNOT be friends with Rylea and she is apparently on the "bad list" or bad friend list or some insane 1st grade girls list. I went over all the mom things to say and at the end of it, Isabella felt like the worst friend in the world. She called Rylea and apologized and said she wouldn't act like that anymore. On the way to school today (my day to volunteer) I told Isabella that she needed to tell Emma I was going to call Emma's mom and tell on her if she was mean to Rylea further. Isabella said that scared Emma! LOL When I left school today Isabella was sitting next to Rylea and Emma so at least she was being nice.

I can't believe they start this crap in 1st grade. Homeschooling is looking better and better. LOL

No comments: