Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching Up

Ok, first - a funny Ava comment. I'm sitting in the office and Ava walks in and says "when I get big I'm going to be a cheerleader. And then, the tall boys can lift me up".

It's been a while since I've posted. The girls and I took a road trip and headed to Memphis, Tennessee and met up with my sister and her girlfriend/partner (what's the proper term?) LOL Deb.

Wednesday night before we left, the girls and I were at my moms when I decided to have "the talk". Not the birds and bees talk per sey but still a delicate talk. But, I felt like I needed to give thema heads up regarding my sisters relationship. My sister just about gave birth to a cow when she heard what I told them. ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked Isabella if she knew what it meant to be gay and she said "you marry another girl" and "you kiss other girls". Ok, it was easier than I thought (thanks to my almost 11 year old niece giving Isabella the simplified lesson beforehand). hahaha!!!! Ava - would more than likely not notice anything so I kinda glossed over it with her. A couple hours later Isabella came to me and said "mom, we all are gay then". What??? She said, yeah - I kiss you, you kiss Ava so are we gay also? OMG - just gave her another abbreviated lesson and crossed my fingers she didn't ask me anything further. (she didn't).

Get up and head out on Thursday morning around 8:30 - stop 1/2 way and eat at a Cracker Barrel. I need to back up a minute. After being on the road for about 50 miles, Michelle calls me and asks if she should take 30 or 35. (Mapquest said 35, GPS said 30). Ok, I haven't lived in Dallas for about 5 years and she must have forgot I SUCK big time in Geography - she called the wrong sibling. Trent is the smart one. I told her to go one way but decided to call Steve to double check. He pulled up the map and informed me I told her wrong and what she should do. Fine, called her back - she was headed the right direction. No harm, no foul......until.......

At least an hour passes and she calls again - "how do I get to 30?". Again, Geography guru I am - I say, let me give you Steve's number and you give him a call. I quickly call Steve and give him the heads up. About 10 minutes later I get a call from him - his first words were "OH. MY. GOD." They were headed to Oklahoma!!!!!!!! (They drove an hour longer going north than needed so they then had to backtrack the same hour to get on the correct course). I did later ask her if her mapquest directions were going via I-35, why didn't she follow them? (she uttered some not so nice words for that question). Fast forward a couple hours later Michelle calls me and says "I Give Up". What the heck? I thought Steve set you straight. Well, they left their debit card at the gas station - THIRTY MILES back. ROFLMBO!!!!!!!! My mom and I were crying we were laughing so hard.

Eventually - they made it. I think it took them close to 11 hours to make the 7-8 hour trip. I still am shaking from laughing just thinking about it. Luckily, they were good sports about it.

I have to go fix supper, so the update is getting cut short - but we went to Graceland - and I LOVED it. I want to go back with Steve. My step dad worked with Elvis for many years when he was in the music industry and visited Graceland many times while Elvis lived there. The girls had a blast even though they didn't know who he was. They enjoyed the planes the most.

The next day we went to The Peabody Hotel in downtown Memphis to watch the ducks parade from the elevator (from their rooftop penthouse) to the indoor water fountain. Google it for info - it was pretty neat and the girls loved this as well.

Those were our only outings really. It's been about 4 years since we last saw Michelle so we just played games/cards, talked and caught up.

Here are some pictures from the trip:

Deb, Michelle and my Mom in front of the Lisa Marie plane...



Ava hanging out
Isabella



The girls and I in front of the plane - don't ya love Ava's Graceland Camo hat? heehee


Mom and Isabella on the shuttle bus (they shuttle you over to Graceland).




The girls and i after we toured the meditation garden where Elvis is buried.





My sister and the girls on Friday.








No comments: