Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grandpa



My Grandpa was a trip. He lived with us for the last 10 years of his life. I was going through some old files the other day trying to clear out the office and I found these two letters he had written to one of my ex-boyfriends Tim. Tim was in the Marines and Grandpa wrote him these two letters during boot camp. They gave me a good chuckle. We were talking about them over the weekend at my moms so I decided to scan them and post in case I ever lost them. I thought I would be able to magnify them and you could read them but as many know....I'm computer challenged. So, I'll translate what the letters say under each letter - also Grandpa was full of bull most of the time so..... I should mention - Tim was pretty tall -6'3 and Grandpa nicknamed him High Pockets because he said Tim's pockets were "high in the air" because he was tall. ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Dear Hi Pockets, I miss you a lot. So does Alisha. I asked her for news & she said she misses you & for us to plan to go hunting when you come home. I don't know if you can hit a rabbit or not but you might scare him to death if you get started first. I am pretty death on rabbits when I go out. Can skin and dress one but somebody else will have to cook him. I usually carry a pistol with me & I get half of my game that way. They just sit & let me shoot them that way. I don't have license to shoot quail but guess I can get some. Anyhow, I'm a little nervous but guess you can make it all out. Take care & write me in Alisha's letter. I plan to go down home soon. I'll get my share of rabbits when I go out. Behave and will pray for you to keep strait as ever.


Bernard


March 7, 1990


Dear High Pockets,

Greetings - I hope you are well and doing good. Alisha is fine and getting prettier every day. She has to carry a club most of the time to keep the men away. She has a fat bank account and the guys have found it out. They are trying to get on the favorable side and cash in on some of it. It ain't working very good but they have to keep trying. I see pretty Reba pretty often and she loves me more every day. Alisha is being true to you & the boys can't touch her with a 20 foot pole. Reba loves me a lot and we get along very well. I love her. May marry her some of these days. Hope you get home soon. Trent has a new haircut and it's not a beauty. See you soon I hope.

Your old friend,

Bernard Peterson

Pap


No comments: