Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weekend Plans

Well, I haven't had a chance to do a photo blog post - I'd like to say I've really been busy, but truth be told, I've just been lazy recuperating from our Valley vacation. Today, I've been busy organizing closets, laundry, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming - really the day to day stuff I do but since I put it off for 3 days it's a bit more involved.

We are making a quick, unplanned trip down to Mitchell to celebrate with my brother, sister in law and niece. We are going to load up on fireworks (we have a major "in" with the fireworks store in town (my mom and step-dad own several - haha)) so we will get tons of fireworks for FREE!! Usually we get a huge load of fireworks but pay $100-$200 but with funds being tight from all of our medical bills (sidenote - I cannot imagine being without health insurance or with yucky insurance. Because, even with really good insurance we are in the thousands of what we owe). Anyway, my Mom had asked if we were coming down to get any this year and I told her we just didn't have the money to do so, well, right after we hung up from talking my phone started ringing and ringing. I didn't answer the first time because I was on the phone with Carli but when she called right back again I thought something major must have happened. Well, mom told my step-dad what I had said and he insisted we come get them free of charge. He may be a little pain in the behind at times with some long stories (lol)- but when it comes to his grandkids - they do NOT go without and he was not going to stand for them not having a proper 4th of July.

So, I had originally planned to just come down for the day and pick some up but after talking with my sister in law she said we should just spend the weekend and celebrate with them, so that's what we are doing. Steve works today during the day, but as soon as he gets home from work we are heading down and staying for a couple of days. We'll make ribs and brisket as the main dishes and then I'm sure the regular 4th side dishes - potato salad, baked beans, tomato, cucumer and onion salad - oh, the list goes on and on. The kids, Steve and my brother will be hanging poolside all day tomorrow but I will be getting groceries, helping around the house and making my weekly CVS coupon/deal run. I have a $5 coupon that expires tomorrow so I have to take advantage of the time to shop without kids when I can! Oh, how I love my CVS trips....lol

So, I should be packing, but instead I'm blogging, watching a movie and fighting off taking a nap - want to sleep in the car for once since Steve is going and I won't have to make the boring drive on my own, I'll have a driver this time - yeah!

Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July. Hope everyone uses wise judgment when using fireworks - they are explosives people as well as not driving if you are drinking. Please, think about the other people on the road if you are chosing to drive after drinking - that could be my family you hit and kill.

Happy Holiday Weekend!

No comments: