Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

Well, not once single picture taken during the visit to Mitchell to celebrate the 4th of July with my family. I suck, I know, I know....

So, after Steve got out of work on Saturday, we loaded up the car and headed down to the ole hometown and rolled into my brothers house around 9:00 pm.. The kids swam as soon as we got there, of course and we hung out, had a few drinks and just visited with my brother and sister in law while the kids swam and played. Oh, and made a quick stop at my mom and step-dads firework store and LOADED up on fireworks.

The next morning, I headed into town - picked up coffee and a paper and Trent made sausage and biscuits and gravy - yum! yum!.. The kids of course swam, yet again and I watched some more Dexter, clipped coupons and got my shopping list ready. Headed to CVS and got lots of free products (I had to go Sunday morning so I could use a coupon that expired on the 4th - priorities now!!) lol Then, headed to the grocery store and bought the remaining ingredients we needed for our Independence Day meal. We had a great time prepping and cooking - we served up the following - brisket slow cooked for 8 hours, racks, and racks of bbq pork ribs, cauliflower salad, potato salad, grilled corn on the cob, deviled eggs with capers, black beans, corn, tomato and black eyed pea salad, homemade salsa, brownies and mini apple pies. Everything was so delicious and all made with love. My mom and step-dad came out for dinner as well as my sister in laws mom and dad.

After dinner we had our firework display. We had soooo many fireworks that we lit them for almost 2 hours and that involved Trent and Steve letting at some times 2-3 items at the same time. We all did get a little scared when we would hear the guys whispering "ok, you ready...on 3....1, 2, 3 - RUN." Happy to report none tipped over, no injuries happened, except for some major staining to Trents driveway. Steve and Trent made a game of "bowling" smoke bombs, directing traffic with sparklers - the list goes on and on. I think a few beers might have fueled their comic energy - but regardless - it was a good time.

The kids swam Monday morning for an hour and then we loaded up and headed home. Just back in time to unpack, do a little laundry, clean, a few doctors appointments and then pack back up and head down again for a week or so. My niece has a fastpitch tournament that is pretty close by so I wanted to drive down and support her and cheer her on, work on a tan via SPF 50 sunscreen and visit with my sweet sis in law - oh, and my brothers not too bad himself. :)

Tomorrow I have my bone scan to confirm or not confirm I guess if I have a sacrial fracture. I don't really know the reason for the scan considering nothing can be done either way. If its a hairline fracture - I still just have to take it easy for 6 months and if it's deep muscle bruising or damage - well, again, time will heal it.

So, I'm doing better at keeping the blog updated with the happenings in the Garza household - when really all I want to scream and post is my kids are driving me crazy with the constant whining...will be so glad when my foot has recovered from the surgery so we can head back to the gym and work out and swim! I'll enjoy the break while I can...not enjoying the poofy stomach...that is FOR SURE!!!!!

No comments: