Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fabulous Family Filled Weekend

Warning - there are many, many, many pictures of me in this post. lol I was determined to get pictures of me with all of my aunts and uncles as well as take pictures of the weekend. Half of the time I bring my camera with me but feel embarassed walking around snapping pictures and even when I do that - I'm never in the pictures because I'm the one snapping. After looking at the quality of these photos it makes me really, really want a D-SLR. But, that will probably wait until the yearly managing partner bonus in June. I can wait until then.

What is kinda sad about these visits to Ohio is growing up we would visit as a family twice a year. Every Memorial Day and also at Christmas. After I moved away to North Carolina I didn't go back at Memorial Weekend or the Christmas gatherings. When I was pregnant with Ava I decided to go with my mom for the Christmas get together. Everyone meets at my Uncle Dale and Debbies house in Knoxville, Tennesse and we spend the weekend together. We eat and play cards the entire time. After that Christmas visit I decided to head back and see everyone over Memorial Day - it was even more fun than Christmas time. Since then I have went every memorial day/New Years weekend and spent the weekend with family. Then since we found out my uncle Dave has lung cancer the family has got together every month since May and will continue to do so as long as he is sick. I will take a miraculous healing and gladly give up the monthly visits if it means my uncle is around on this earth for a long and healthy life.

I love my aunts and uncles to pieces but what makes me love them all the more is how they treat my girls. They love them like their own grandchildren. They play with them, hold them, read with them, feed them, buy them things - they just are wonderful with my girls and I'm so, so thankful I've made the effort the past 5 years to spend time with them again and really get to know them better.

Ok, enough sap - onto the pictures. Descriptions under the pictures...

Isabella and Max. We stay at my moms best friends house when we visit. She has a beautiful golden retriever named Max. He is the sweetest dog around and my girls adore him. He slept with Isabella every night. Head on her chest all night long.

Here is Max cuddling up with Ava. He is such a loveable dog.

Isabella and Mommy

C.J. (my cousins son), Tonja (my cousin), Delaney (my cousins daughter) and my aunt Barb.

My sweet, sweet niece Dialycia and me.

Me and my uncle Eddie. If you have ever watched the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and you remember the Eddie in the movie - well, my uncle Eddie resembles him quite a bit. He is the ultimate dumpster diver, yard sale shopper and auction bidder around. The last two visits he has brought my girls toys and gifts. They are quickly learning Eddie is one of their favorite people. lol Eddie wants to go on the Amazing Race with me. I'm kinda scared of that scenario - I think his patience with me would run thin - but it would be an adventure I am sure.

My mom and I.

My uncle Dale and Ava. When I was a little girl - I think around 18 months old I would stand in my uncles hand and he would walk around holding me up with me standing in his hands. I snapped a quick picture of Ava doing it. I want to scan the picture of me and post these pictures side by side. This is a great memory seeing this picture.

Here is Eddie delivering the "goods" to Ava. You know what she was the happiest about??? This diaper bag they give away to new moms in the hospital with formula samples in them. She kept saying to everyone "I can't believe he gave me the bag too!". It was cute.

Me and my sweet girls. Ava doesn't look to excited to have her picture taken with me. :)

Self portrait of Ava and I. ( I warned you all there were tons of pictures of me in this post. lol)

My uncle Dale and Aunt Debbie.

It was my Uncle Dave's birthday and Ava was right by his side the entire time. I love this picture of the two of them.

This is my Uncle Merlin (my moms fraternal twin brother) and my aunt Mary.

Dave and Barb and I. This shirt is NOT flattering on me at all. lol

Playing cards Sunday before heading home.

No comments: