Monday, September 28, 2009

Blogging Break

I took a blogging break for a week or so. A week or so ago Isabella's asthma flared up and poor thing was miserable. She went on prednisone to calm things down and it did the trick but wow, was she ever a grouchy bear while on prednisone. The last couple of days the temperature dropped about 20 degrees and she's back in full asthma attack mode. This is the normal time of year weather that triggers it. The school nurse called today for me to bring Isabella her inhaler because she was having trouble breathing. Poor thing is going to have to stay inside from recess until it warms up a bit.

Then, last Monday Ava spiked a high fever and horrid cough so off to the doctor again for her. We never really got a hard core diagnosis - just some antibiotics to take if she didn't get better. She ran a fever all week long and was finally fever free Saturday.

The girls and I went back to my hometown for the big Persimmon Festival. It's a great weekend and tons of people who have moved away come in town for it. We had a great time visiting with old friends and family but I'm too old to stay out and up late several nights in a row and add to the lack of sleep some cocktails here and there and I feel so sluggish. It's always hard coming "off" of festival weekend because it is such a good time that the drive home is always filled with feelings of being homesick for all my old friends. Whats worse - I didn't take one picture the entire weekend. Darn it!!

Just as I get things unpacked and laundry washed and put away the girls and I will be packing up to head out of town again. We are going over to Ohio to visit with my aunt and uncle again and celebrate his birthday. All my aunts and uncles are coming in so it will be a good visit. I will take pictures this visit I promise!

1 comment:

Carli said...

Ummm... I'm still waiting on a post about the coolest Christmas party ever!