Saturday, October 17, 2009

H1N1

Isabella tested positive today for the H1N1 flu virus (swine flu). Thankfully, I was able to get her in to a local Pediatrician in the town next to where my mom lives. She was able to be started on Tamiflu within 14 hours of the first time her fever and cough hit.

She is doing pretty well - as long as I keep on schedule with the motrin, tylenol and tamiflu she remains comfortable. Otherwise if I'm even 30 minutes late on any of the meds she gets miserable pretty fast.

Isabella has asthma and the virus has been hitting kids with asthma harder than others so that is really where my concern lies. Praying for a speedy recovery for her, protection for me, Ava, Steve and also my mom and Step dad since we were staying with them when her symptoms first arrived.

No comments: