Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ramblings

This blog post is going to be about tons of different topics - all over the place.

This morning as I was getting my coffee mug out of the cabinet (my favorite coffee mug by the way. A huge, huge mug Steve got for me on a business trip in Chicago) slipped out of my hands, shattered and then knocked over a large glass that was on the counter. Both shattered and the heavy pieces of ceramic from the coffee cup as well as the shattered glass fell on my foot and sliced it open. I knew immediately it had to have cut me because the pain was pretty intense. The girls of course started freaking out when they saw the blood. I kept thinking to myself all of this before a cup of coffee - probably going to be a bad day. lol Isabella kept pleading with me to sit down and put a band aid on my cut (she is a huge worry wart). I finally got the glass all cleaned up and thrown away and bandaged up my foot. I had to use 3 bandaids because the cut is so long. Its fine now as long as I don't walk on it - when I walk on it it pulls the cut apart because of the location. But, all is well now.

Then, shortly after I go to call Steve on my iPhone and it isn't working properly. The only way you can hear is if you put it on speaker phone. Also, they can't hear me unless its on speaker phone. I called and have an appointment at the Apple store for 6:40. Since its less than 30 days old the rep told me they would probably just give me a new one. I am going to be quite upset if all the new apps I bought don't transfer over. I spent $20 of applications the past couple of days. My neighbor Jenny gave me $20 in iTunes gift cards a couple weeks ago.

The girls went Halloween costume shopping last night. They didn't like what the Party City type of stores had so we ordered some they saw online that they liked. Ava is going to be a devil - how appropriate and Isabella is going to be a ninja. What the heck is a ninja?? And a girl ninja?? Oh, well - she's never been mainstream with her halloween costumes anyway. lol

Steve and our new neighbor Shane as well as Mark and Amy went in together and had all of our yards airated (I don't know how to spell that) and then Steve went and got grass seed and seeded all 3 of the yards. Hopefully its not too cold for the new grass to grow. One thing we don't ever argue about money wise is with the money spent on the yard and flowers. I love having a nice yard and nice flower beds and working each day making it look nice.

Two posts in one week - am I back to the old, long winded, almost daily posting Alisha???? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: