Saturday, August 15, 2009

It is on!!!!

Like Donkey Kong! How 80's is that saying? lol But...it is on!

My neighbor Amy is a big runner - like a minimum of running 25 miles a week. I don't walk 25 miles in a month probably. Well, she's really been encouraging me to run with her and she is a great motivator and a great friend so I've started running again. I use to run all the time....like 12 years ago. I'm on day 4 of my "training" and each day it is getting easier. Today, I can honestly say I kinda enjoyed it. But, part of it was I drank 16 oz of this Black Powder stuff that gives you major energy (not jittery energy but just really motivates you and gets you moving faster) and I had downloaded from iTunes some Black Eyed Peas and Flo Rida - am I hip or what?? lol And i hit the treadmill at the gym.

Now - we have sweet Amy and then we have J.D. and Drew. Drew is JD's daughter (Jenny) boyfriend. He probably smokes a pack of cigarettes a day and he is taunting me. So - it is on. They leave on Sunday for Louisville to set up the IronMan triatholon down there and they will be back in a week or so. JD, Drew and I are going to hit the treadmills at Anytime Fitness (where JD works out) and we are going to go at it. Drew says he'll even run with a lit cigarette to prove his manhood. Now - if anyone thinks I'm stubborn - well, you haven't met JD and Drew. I predict I will be removed from Anytime Fitness in an ambulance but I won't get off before Drew. JD will be able to outrun me blindfolded, backwards and with 50 pounds of weights on him - he's going for moral support I think - hopefully for me. LOL Maybe I'll talk Amy into going with me and coaching me.

I save Drew and Jenny's dog (Sheba) the other day and this is the thanks I get...taunting. Bring it Drew - you are going down! LOL

No comments: