Wednesday, August 26, 2009

24 Hours with Ava - Revisited

I was going through my old blog and reading older posts - boy - I sure loved to talk on that blog. I had diarreah of the mouth most days. lol I came across a post I titled 24 Hours of My Life with Ava...it was written around her 2nd birthday 2 years ago in July-oh my, did it bring back memories. I'm copying it so those who know Ava well can get a good laugh. She hasn't changed in 2 years. :)

6:30 am - I'm playing in my room and Mommy comes in. She doesn't look happy this morning....I don't know why. My hand was a little tired this morning and to let her know I was up I thought kicking the door would let her know. She does notice my arm has come out of my nightgown though.

6:45 am: I ask for my pacifier and I'm told no. Mommy put the paci's in the closet because I wouldn't keep them in bed where she says they belong. She gets me a sippy cup of milk instead. Is she crazy? Why would I want milk over my pacifier? I tell her I want water and she says something to me about drinking my milk and something about Isabella drinking milk and look how big she is. I'm not buying it though and just hold onto the cup.

7:10 am: Fight with Isabella over who gets the good spot on the couch to watch Sponge Bob. I win, as usual.

7:30 am: Fight with Isabella over who gets to brush their teeth first. I win, as usual.

7:40 am: Fight with Isabella over who gets the best spot on the couch again. I win, as usual.

8:30 am: Head to the gym for Mommy to go to yoga. I love playing here as long as my sister is with me. I've learned if I cry just a couple of times when Bella's not there, they will call Mommy over a loud speaker and she comes and gets me early. I like it when that happens.

10:30 am: Mommy picks us up at the child center. We walk past the womens locker room and I tell her I want to go to the pool. She says no and I voice my displeasure.

10:32 am: Walk past cafe in the gym and ask for a snack. Mom says we'll eat at home. I voice my displeasure.

12:00 pm: LUNCH TIME!!! I ask for a string cheese and mommy gives me one. But, that's not what I really wanted. I wanted a pudding cup. So, I voice my displeasure and she eats the cheese and I get pudding while she's making my sandwich. I lick the side that has jelly on it and eat that side of the bread. I do this everyday and I don't know why Mommy still bothers to put Peanut Butter on it...I never lick it or eat it.

12:30 pm: Dessert!!! I want some dry cereal AND a cookie but I'm told I can only have one. I pick the cookie and eat it.

12:32 pm: I ask for the dry cereal now and Mommy tells me I can't have it since I already had a cookie for dessert. I voice my displeasure and get no where. Mommy just takes me out of the booster seat and cleans me up. I am not happy about this.

12:45 pm: Isabella is playing with the Princess and the Pauper singing Barbie and I want it, so I try to take it. She doesn't give it up too easily so I pinch her. She's loud when she screams!

12:46 pm: Mommy brings me another Barbie but I want the Princess and Pauper doll - because well, Isabella has it.

12:55 pm: I'm playing with my Dora's Talking House.

1:00 pm: My sister wants to play with Dora too, but she keeps moving things around in the house. I tell her very nicely to move, she's persistant and doesn't. I pinch her. She's loud again.

1:15 pm: Mommy comes and tells me it's time for my nap. I don't really want to nap and I tell Mommy nicely that I don't want to but she puts me in bed anyway. I guess I can suck on my paci and close my eyes for a little while.

3:15 pm: I wake up and WANT TO COME OUT NOW!!! Where in the world is my Mommy? Bella? Daisy? Mommy? Bella? Daisy?? Anyone?? Isabella comes and opens the door for me. It's about time.

3:30 pm: Go outside to play. Isabella drives me around in the Barbie jeep. I want to drive also but she won't move. I keep asking her nicely to please let me drive, but she won't give in. This time I hit her and try to bite. She tells Mommy on me. Tattle Tale.

3:35 pm: We are back inside. Apparently I don't play nicely.

5:00 pm: Mommy has dinner made despite her telling me constantly that I'm at her feet and following her around. Daddy comes home and we eat dinner.

6:30 pm: Bath Time!!! I DON'T like to have my hair washed and I want out. But Daddy tells me he has to rinse my hair. Personally, I think he just likes getting water in my eyes. I don't buy the logic I should look up to the ceiling so the water stays off my face.

7:45 pm: PJ's and book time. I go and get the Elmo book. Daddy asks me why I bring this book - we just read it last night. I try and tell him its my favorite but I don't think he understands. He reads it to me anyway.

8:10 pm: Bedtime. Mommy gives me a hug and a kiss and tells me she loves me and asks me how she got so lucky to have the 2 best girls in the world. She asks me this every.single.night. I thought Mommy's were suppose to know everything. If so, why does she ask the same question every night? I just smile and give her a kiss back.

8:11 pm: Mommy walks out and leaves me in my bed.

8:12 pm: I call out to Mommy I need a drink.

8:13 pm: I call out to Mommy I can't find my paci.

8:14 pm: I call out to Mommy I can't find my blankie.

8:15 pm: I call out to Mommy I need another drink. Mommy doesn't look too happy this time.

8:20 pm: I call out to Mommy I need a kiss. I try for a couple more minutes and she doesn't come. I think she has forgot about me.

6:15 am: I knock on the door and call out to Mommy and tell her I'm awake.

6:20 am: I knock on the door a little harder this time and tell Mommy I'm awake.

6:33 am: I knock again and this time call for Mommy AND Isabella. I think they have forgot about me again.

6:45 am: I pull all of my doll babies onto my bed. I think I have 14 at my last count. While I'm up I go ahead and pull the books off of my bookshelf and dump all of the puzzles over. Mommy LOVES picking up these. I start singing Wheels on the Bus.

6:50 am: I try kicking the door again since it worked yesterday. Mommy comes and she looks tired. But then she looks at the bed and the books and the puzzles and I think she looks mad. I wonder why?

6:52 am: I say "Hi Mama" and give her a big smile, hug and kisses on the cheek (these are her favorite) and she looks happy again!.

***the parts about Ava knocking on the doors was because she was too small to be able to open them on her own. Ava doesn't pinch and bite anymore - she prefers hitting.***

No comments: