Thursday, August 13, 2009

I have a 2nd grader!!

Isabella started the second grade today. It really seemed like just a regular day. She was a little excited (mainly because of her new messenger book bag) and woke up on her own this morning. She is in what is called the S.E.E.K. room at her school. It is a combined 1st and 2nd grade so she already knows where the room is from last year as well as her teacher who co-taughter with the 1st grade teacher last year. Here she is sporting her Smart Girls ROCK tee we had made for her 1st day of school.
And a picture of little sis hugging her before school.

It's been quiet with only one kid in the house. I'm not complaining that is for sure. :) It's nice to have that one on one time with Ava while Isabella is at school. I'm homeschooling Ava this year for preschool but we aren't starting until the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Isabella started piano lessons on Tuesday. She did great and practices often throughout the day. It will be different now that she is in school and won't have the freedom of all the time during the day to practice.
Monday evening we had several of our neighbors over for dinner. Steve smoked some ribs, chicken and a brisket and then had a pitch in for side dishes. It was so darn good. I was full to the point of being majorly uncomfortable. I couldn't even go to the gym the day after though because my legs were still sore from the 100 squats I did on Sunday. Yes, you read that correctly - over 100 squats. I would do a set of 10 after each rep of exercises. Won't be doing that anytime soon.
I've also started back with running. Let me tell you one thing - running sure isn't fun. I told my neighbor Amy I would run with her so I'm trying to get in shape to begin that torture. Today was my second day of running some at the gym - it was a bit easier (only because I drank some Black Powder beforehand) but it still pretty much sucked the entire time. But, the sweat I worked up felt awesome.
That's the latest happenings in the Garza household. Have a great weekend!

No comments: