Sunday, August 30, 2009

Girls Weekend

Friday afternoon Brandy, Stephaney and Cindi came up to hang out and spend the night. I haven't laughed so hard like I did this weekend in a long time.

Here we are celebrating Brandy's 37th birthday at Maggiano's.

And a picture of our dessert platter Steve's Sous Chef Rachel made for us.

Everything was so wonderful Friday evening. I don't know if it was the good company, being dressed up or what - but it was a grand time. I did get a kick out of these 2 tables that were sitting next to our booth after the Sous Chef brought out the dessert platter. I heard one of the guys ask the waiter who was sitting at the table and if it was somebody famous! lol Rachel made us individual root bear floats and a spruced up banana split. It was sooo good.
After dinner we headed over to Bella Vita - the restaurant on the Geist Resevoir Marina. We sat on the deck overlooking the marina and had a couple drinks and many laughs. Our waiter - Eric was so fun and we had a blast and even more laughs with him.
Stephaney made Brandy the most awesome birthday gift ever. She is so creative. Must be all the 4-H training. lol She saves and remembers EVERYTHING. Usually this is not a good thing. She made this 20 page booklet spoofing America's Next Top Model. On the front it had a picture of Brandy, Steph, Cindi and Jamie and I from a dance our Junior Year in highschool (were we cool or what?). She then had pictures of people from school and little descriptions of them and their "background" and what their qualifications were to be judges or coaches on America's Next Top Model. Then, for each one of us she had one of our senior pictures and titled it our "Best Shot" and then a brief description of why we were disqualfied from the competition. It would take me too many paragraphs to continue explaining the rest but lets just say, I had to redo my make up after reading it because I was crying so hard laughing.
Last night the girls and I went down to my friend and neighbor Kris's house. Kris and I drank a glass of wine and caught up and the girls played with the dog. Today we have a tailgate party at the church for the Life Groups and a rib cookoff. It's going to be a good time!
Friday the girls and I are heading over to no mans land in Ohio to visit with my Aunt and Uncles, my mom and other great friends. We are taking the girls fishing at my moms best friends sisters house (that's a mouthful!). The girls can't wait to go fishing and are driving me insane talking about it. I may just embrace my surroundings and join in on the action.
I've had to take time off from running which makes me have to do the dreaded stair machine because I think I was running too long to quick and I strained a ligament in my knee. Can't say that I'm looking forward to running again this week because it still sucks big time to run. But, it's good for my heart and health right? That's what I keep telling myself.

No comments: