Monday, May 25, 2009

The Things I Learned.....

Following is a list of the top 15 things I learned this weekend.

  1. Crick and Creek are the same thing.
  2. Warsher and washer are also the same.
  3. If you get the same set of cards again the deck was apparently not "shifted" very well.
  4. If you don't want to play certain cards in a game you can slush off instead of slough off.
  5. Kids receive more joy from playing in the barn, searching for toads, stomping in mud puddles, throwing rocks in storm drains, playing fetch with a dog and swimming in a creek than watching cartoons or playing video games.
  6. If it's raining and you ask someone who is getting soaked to look for an umbrella - they WILL be annoyed. Asking if there happened to be a tarp in the truck by chance will also provoke the same reaction.
  7. I would last on the game of Survivor for probably 5 minutes.
  8. I apparently love my brother more than he loves me.
  9. Some of the most amazing people in the world are in my family.
  10. One of the best feelings is laughing so hard at a home video that you almost pee yourself. Especially when it is at the expense of someone other than you.
  11. I tasted the best cupcake EVER this weekend.
  12. My child can possibly get dirtier than I ever imagined - and I loved every minute of it.
  13. If you are going to arrive 5 minutes late to a Memorial Day service at church, don't wear flip flops that alert the entire congregation of your late arrival. (For clarification - I was the one wearing the flip flops).
  14. I suck at the following games: euchre, corn hole, pass the trash and Screw Your Neighbor.
  15. I could pretty much guarantee my Uncle Eddie was going to pass me a 2 when I traded cards with him - but yet I was a sucker and continued to trade with him. See #14.

No comments: