Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day 2009 - TONS of Pictures

I took the time to actually make sure the pictures are loaded in order of their happening.

Descriptions under pictures.

Garzas on Rocks! Enough said - the Garza family understands and will appreciate this picture.

After the creek and the pouring rain that happened while there the kids came back to Cecelias and Ava got out of her wet clothes and put a nightgown on. This was around 4:00. She played outside for about 6 more hours. Hence the dirty, dirty look she is showing. If this isn't a white trash kid, I don't know what is. Barefoot, dirty, nightgown, scraped up from falling into a barbed wire fence, and eating a cup of ice. Lord help me! (edited to add - yes, she had a bath after this and no, she didn't sleep in this nightgown.)

The Peterson Siblings. My mom and her brothers. L-R: Oren, David, Merlin, Mary (my mom - Merlin is her twin brother), Eddie and Dale.


Ok, I normally am way to vain to post a crappy picture of me but this just shows how much I love my Uncle Dave. I had my hair all pulled back because I DID get wet during the rain (just not AS wet as others) and I was a hot, sweaty mess. His arm is in a sling due to blood clots that formed after they put the port for his chemo treatments. He was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer (never smoked). BUT...we serve a Living God who is the great Physician and can heal my Uncle and that is what I'm clinging to and praying for. Please pray for Dave and my aunt Barb as they face the treatments and healing.

The kiddos walking the railroad tracks heading to the cemetary on Memorial Day.

Dialycia standing at her Veterans grave.

Ava showing the utmost respect to this former soldier and decided to sit on the stone. ggrrrrr - She was in a bad mood because she was so stinkin' tired and I was trying to tell her why it was not respectful to sit or stand on the tombstone. She had open ears the entire time. Yeah, right. She also is mad because she only has one flower to lay on the grave. She wanted a bunch.

Ok, I've now *found* (aka stolen) another flower for her but she is once again mad because there are "leaves" on it. Oh, and she decided she didn't like the previous grave she was at so we moved....once again.

Here she is after she layed her flowers down (notice the leaves off of the peony that Super Mom pulled off for her darling daughter????).

21 Gun salute. My kids just LOVE this part. The entire cemetary is silent after the first shots are fired and then you hear Ava cry out "Mommy, that is too loud and it scares me. Followed by her sobbing".

Isabella with Cecelia trying to be brave and not hold her ears during the gun salute.

Standing during the playing of Taps.

My Uncle Dave and Aunt Barb have goats on the farm to help with the weeds.


What is this??? BOTH girls looking at the camera and no one crying???

Ava, Isabella and Dialycia petting a 3 day old baby goat. I am sure there is a farming word for baby goat but I've already admitted school was a social experiment for me and not a learning possibility.

Two of the greatest people around - My uncle Dave and aunt Barb.

Ava is thrilled to have her picture taken once again.

Grammy and Ava

Dialycia feeding a 6 month old goat.

Ava feeding a goat.

Isabella feeding the goats.

Ava was given a branch with some leaves on it (these leaves she apparently likes and is ok with) and the Mommy goat would take bites of the leaves until they were all gone. Ava would giggle after each bite.

No comments: