Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Life is So Good

There isn't any other words that would work for the title of this post. Life is just really, really good right now. I have many days where it's hard to want to put my feet on the floor and want to really face what the day has to offer - but the last couple of weeks have just been super. Nothing monumental has even happened - just savoring the greatness of the warm weather, bathing the kids after a full day of playing outside (that requires me to also clean the tub each evening from the ring of dirt they leave behind), the smell of fresh cut grass, planting flowers, reading outside in a lawn chair while the kids play, drawing with sidewalk chalk, kicking the soccer ball, long walks in the neighborhood - the list just goes on and on.

I'm so motivated when the weather is nice. I tackle cleaning projects with joy, work out with excitement and don't even get stressed when Steve has to work late, work on his day off or go into work early. You get my drift.

Today after I took Isabella to school I did 2 loads of laundry, washed the entry way rugs for all of the doors and then Ava and I went to the library. Stopped at Subway and got us each a sandwich and then spread a blanket down in the front yard and had a picnic with Ava (this just warms my heart to no end remembering that moment). Then for some crazy reason I decided to clean out the garage. And by clean out - that meant moving EVERYTHING out of it, sweeping it, getting the hose and spraying it down, using the squeegee to clear the water out, sprayed down all the shelving units, garden tool holder thing, threw tons and tons of stuff away and then organized 90% of it. I only partially messed with the cabinet that has all the yard chemicals and fertilizer stuff and didn't do much to Steves work bench. I had 5 people driving by stop to ask if I was having a yard sale because I had it all pulled out in the yard and driveway. LOL

Then, finished the day with a long, hot bubble bath and did a glycolic acid peel on my face. My face just looks so fresh after those peels - it hurts like a dickens but the end result is worth it.

Steve and I have spent the last 3 days planting flowers and he finished up his garden. The flowers are going to look amazing if I may brag for a bit. I'm really happy with our selections and placement of everything. I'll post pictures once we get mulch delivered and spread. We spend so, so much time outside during the summer and early fall that we really appreciate the flowers. Plus, if anyone knows my Mom and her yard/flowers - you know I get the desire honestly.

Then, add to the mix the fabulous fantastic neighbors and life just can't get much better. Last night me, Steve, Mark and Amy and Pam were all sitting on Pams back porch relaxing (me after taking a Flexeral that I got from Amy because I pulled a muscle trying to use a shovel for the first time - LOL). Mark volunteered to mow the yard for me the next couple weeks because I'm having a little surgery on Friday and will be out of mowing capacity for a couple weeks (I geniunely like mowing the yard because its an hour of cardio that doesn't involve me being on a treadmill or elliptical). Bless his heart - he even knows we like our lawn mowed at a higher level than most. Then, when he realized Pam pays for a company to mow her yard he insisted on her cancelling them and he would just mow her yard as well. Don't you all wish you lived in my neighborhood??? Mark and Amy are so generous and just awesome friends to Steve and I - we are so, so blessed. Plus, Mark has a riding lawn mower so he can zip around the yard in no time at all.

Oh, remembering the sidewalk chalk - a cute thing Isabella did was write Pams name on the end of her driveway - I guess to remind her where she lived so she wouldn't drive past it. LOL The girls love Pam to pieces!

So, to end this fabulous day I'm going to go relax and watch American Idol and The Biggest Loser (I'm not really an American Idol fan but Amy is so I watch it so I know who she is talking about when she mentions the show - see what a great friend I am. hahahahaha)

No comments: