Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What a Monday!

We were all in bed and asleep by 8:00 pm last night. All of us are fighting colds/upper resp infections and felt like poo so we called it an early night last night.

I had a day filled with Dr. visits. First, an eye appt which I had the pleasure of having my eyes dialated - I can't believe they let me drive home. I couldn't see a thing!! Thank goodness it was only a couple miles away. I did find out my corneas are too thin to ever have lasik eye surgery. I am essentially blind - you can't even say near or far sighted because I can't see a thing without my contacts or glasses on.

After the eye dr I had an hour to eat lunch and rest and then head off (still dilated in the ole eyes and not seeing clear) to the dermatologist. I had 2 areas that I knew were going to be removed during the body check. One area I would bet money is going to come back as something. I had a mole/spot removed a couple years ago when we lived in Cincinnati still and it came back as cancerous (not sure of proper terminology) but the Dr. said if left unattended for a few more months it would have been melanoma. Well, one spot that was removed yesterday is right next to the scar. My Derm back in Cincy had to actually go back and remove more because he didn't get it all the first time and now this spot popped up next to the scar so I wouldn't be surprised if I get a call back.

Its snowing again today and I'm waiting to hear if school is let out early today - I'm guessing it will.

No comments: