Thursday, March 20, 2008

The power of positive thinking

Well, I survived the first day of my New Mommy way of thinking. I had a talk with the girls in the morning and explained we were going to have new ways of doing things. Ava: crying is allowed as well as fit throwing - but it's going to be done in the confines of your bedroom. Immediately when it starts she is given the option of going to her room to finish or staying with the rest of us without the whining/crying, etc.. She did awesome! Isabella: when I tell you to do something it's not a question. Do it without fuss or else bedtime will come earlier, computer time and tv time will be cut short as well. Again, she did great too! So....it confirmed that it was me and my crappy parenting that had led myself to this mess. I was the one who allowed the trainwreck to happen. It also confirmed kids need and want structure. Today has been great as well.

Doing these small things changed my thinking from focusing on every negative aspect of my daily life to looking at the positive moments the kids had, I had and so on. I'm a much happier mommy because of it.

Also I had such a long, heart felt email from my friend Wendi. The thing that just hit home with me and was almost like a punch in the gut was this comment "Remember, SuperMom is a character just like SuperMan. We can't hold ourselves to it". Thank you Wendi!!!!! Muwah!

I went to yoga this morning and boy, she was tough. Lots and lots of strength training in it. I was able to hang but I think it is because of all the cardio I have been doing that gave me the stamina that I needed. I love me some power fitness yoga! Then, the steam room with mint - why oh why did I wait almost an entire year before stepping foot in there. I love that place! Took a nice long, hot QUIET shower - not one kid knocked on my door, pressed their face up to the glass, asked to join me in the shower, asked when I was getting out of the shower, told me someone hit the other. It was blissful. Note to self - must go to gym more often! heehee

Steve washed my car today - yippee. All this rain and yuck we've been having it needed it. I tried driving it through the car wash the other day. The machine didn't take check cards and I had $5 only in cash and the cheapest wash was $6 of course. I didn't think the car was dirty enough to haul both kids inside to pay for it so I drove it for another week dirty. It's always cleaner when Steve washes it anyway.

Well, Steve is making dinner so I *should* go make myself useful. Until next time.
xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's been a long time, eh?
How are you?
~Lori