Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gorgeous Spring Weather

Wow, we have had some amazing weather - FINALLY!!! Yesterday it was in the high 50's and today it's suppose to be low 60's. I will be super upset if next week it drops into the 30's again. But, for now we are enjoying it! We were outside all afternoon and they have already been outside all morning before Isabella went to school.

Yesterday I looked out the back and saw a Golden Retriever puppy (about 9 months old) out there. I got Isabella and we gave her some bread and some water and the kids played with her for about 45 minutes. Finally, her owner came by in a truck calling for her and picked her up. She was back at our door this morning and the kids played with her for an hour or so before taking her back home (the owners live behind us behind the wooded area).

Funny Ava comment before I close. Yesterday morning she was insisting on wearing her Dora panties - so I thought - what the heck, I'll give this potty training a try. So, every 15 minutes I set a timer and when i would go off I'd take her to the potty. This went on for at least an hour. I was heading up to take her to the potty when she said "uh oh - my panties have a hole in them". She had went potty and a little got on the floor. Oh my goodness. I started laughing so hard trying to explain to her that her panties weren't in fact flawed that they just don't aborb her potty like diapers do. Oh, well - we'll try again in a week or so.

3 comments:

FordeFam said...

Yay! Now I can comment! :) That's sooo funny about Ava! We haven't quite gotten Lenci potty trained yet either! :)

Susan said...

That is so funny!! Lilyana decided she wanted to wear Dora "unnerwear" the other day--she did ok but did pee everywhere after dinner. I think I will gbet serious about it soon.

SweetCliches said...

I feel like such a lurk.. hah mainly because I am.
I stumbled upon your blog and I love "my panties have a hole in them" story! Hah that's so cute.
I can't figure out how to add you so that I can see your blog all the time, but if I can figure that out, I will totally be back.