Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Why I must sweep the kitchen floor after every meal.
The girls checking out their loot on Saturday morning. I must note...in a previous post when I talked about the $ amount I wanted to spend vs what Steve wanted to spend (me:$50 he:$5) I was talking TOTAL for both - not $50 for each basket. I was talking to a couple people after that post and they were shocked I meant for both of them - they didn't think it was a bad amount for an individual basket. So - Steve, you ARE training me to cut back. LOL
The girls coloring their Easter eggs. Now, I would have loved to have them in their cute little Easter shirt (Isabella) and Overalls (Ava) but it was starting to snow outside people and they wanted a pajama day. So, I was a good mommy (although I was called Mean Mommy several times throughout the egg coloring process).
Proud of their dye jobs.


***This is the first time I am adding photo's to the blog from here so they are going to have to go first. I can't figure out how to get them at the end of the post. Will figure that out another day. I did move one to the end of the post but it was time consuming and I am limited on time right now.***


I hope everyone was able to celebrate and remember the sacrifice of the cross, the miracle of the tomb and the redemption of our sins this weekend! Steve had to work today but I was able to get up and get everyone ready (including doing Isabella's hair with hot rollers!) and be out the door by 9:10. And, no one was crying...usually it's me doing the crying - heehee. Yesterday I rolled Ava's hair in sponge rollers and then took them out before she went to bed. O.M.Gosh - she looked hilarious! Thank goodness I took them out last night so they could relax and fall while she slept. She looked so funny with curly hair. But, this morning it looked so adorable! When I removed the last curler from Isabella's hair and shook it out she said "I look like a movie star" (and actually she did).


As I'm sitting here typing this, Ava is on my lap and watching and her little head is just bopping all over the place. Poor thing was falling asleep sitting up. I repositioned her and now she is fast asleep.

This post will be filled with some misc pictures. I finally loaded pictures from Isabella's birthday when we went to Chuck E Cheese so I'll add those also. Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this is another post - but the other day Steve was putting down fertilizer in our yard and since JD is out of town working until the end of April he went ahead and put it down in their yard. Well, when he went into the back yard, he didn't have me go in the house and get the dogs or make sure the dogs knew he was the one out there - and Mikey came out bit him. It is a really bad bite on the back of his leg - very deep gash. He says it's still very painful. Plus, I can still see blood on his chef pants so I know it's far from being healed.

Today is my big sis's b-day ....Happy Birthday Michelle!!!! Hope you have a great day and year.






The girls and Steve with Nerra .











No comments: