Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm slacking!

Man, I switch blogs and don't even post. I switched to this blog because mainly I wanted to add music to my blog. BUT...I haven't yet figured out how to do that - hopefully soon!

This past weekend the girls and I went home to my moms house for a visit. It was a nice visit - we spent most of our time at my bro's and sis in laws new house. It was cute on Saturday we were headed out there and Mom was putting Isabella's bike in the car to take out to ride and Ava was upset because mom didn't have a bike at her house for her. Well, Pa was having none of it so we loaded up and went on a hunt for a new bike for Ava. Of course - they rode for all of 5 minutes and then jumped on the trampoline for the remaining daylight.

I'm going to try a new trick with Ava and her whining/fussing/fit throwing (Thanks Wendi for the fabulous email). I'm going to lay the law down with her before hand and let her know if she does it she can do it in her room but the rest of the family (read: ME) isn't going to be required to listen. The girls have been spoiled in so many ways and now it's coming back to bite me in the behind! No more I say! If you wish to remain spoiled you have to play by Mama's rules! heehee - I talk a good game!

Adding to the stress - my back flared up again. Or is the stress adding to my back pain? Which came first - the chicken or the egg?? That's what I'm feeling. So, I was able to go in for some PT and an adjustment and then an hour massage last night. I iced it when I got home and it feels much better this am.

So, off to get this day moving. No gym today - just cleaning and laundry. I'm sure the kids will love me by the end of the day. How many "you're mean Mom" will I hear today? I'm guessing a lot. But, I'll wear the title of Mean Mom proudly today!

No comments: