Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Speech and the Cat

Our long last cat reappeared on Sunday afternoon. We think she had been locked in a little storage shed. She was in the backyard area when the neighbor girl came and rang the doorbell to let us know she was back there. She lost soooo much weight - she was just fur and bones. It was sad. I saw the shed opened on Sunday and the lady who lives there working in the yard so I'm thinking that is what happened because it was on a weekend that she disappeared. Poor Daisy was so hungry - she was literally scarfing the food down without even chewing it. I'm glad she is ok but I was liking it better when I thought she was just living with the little old lady and we were down to one cat. Oh, well.....

Ava had her first speech appointment today. Ugh - this is going to be work. It's not something that is going to be a quick fix and definetly something we have to stay ontop of here. I can look ahead and see many tears shed - both by me and Ava during this process.

Karma came back to bite me in the behind. I was trash talking Drew about running and I ended up pushing it too hard too soon and have bursitis/tendonitis in my left knee. I've continued exercising and just icing it at night but I'm going to have to take a few days off so it can heal. Darn it!!! The Dr. put me on some heavy duty anti-inflammatory steriods to knock down the swelling quickly. Hope it does the trick - and quick. I'm impatient!

Heading away for the weekend to visit family. So off to pack and ice the old knee. Isn't aging great?

No comments: