Monday, September 14, 2009

Traditions

Today as I was pulling out the Halloween and Fall decorations I enjoyed looking at all the halloweens of the past. Each year I buy a halloween themed picture frame (usually from Target for $5 - yeah!!!) and put a picture of the girls dressed up in their costumes. So, I have a total 4 Halloween ones so far and each year I just put them out when the fall decorations are up and then they are stored until next year.

I do the same thing with Christmas pajama's. I have pictures each year of the girls wearing matching Christmas/Holiday pj's in a Christmas themed picture frame. The matching pj's will be stopping soon because I can't find too many options now that Isabella is older. But - they will still be Christmasy or winter themed. And like the Halloween pictures frames, I only display the PJ pictures during the holiday season.

I love having traditions and wish I did more. I do always buy a Nutcracker each Christmas as well as a new ornament from each place we vacation. I'm thinking next year for St. Patricks day I'm going to serve green foods all day.

I love being a mom (even though I complain about it often) and I want to create fun memories for the kids. Anyone have any other traditions they do - doesn't just have to be Christmas traditions?

No comments: