Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why?

Why, why, why. If I had a penny for everytime I'm asked that a day by my kids - I'd be one rich woman!

So, I decided today I was no longer going to answer why. I was going to tell the girls something and that was it. No longer explaining the why's of things. Especially simple, every day things.

Examples:

Me: Ava, put your shoes and socks on we have to walk Isabella to the bus stop.
Ava: Why?
Me: ::::thinking:::: Didn't I just tell you why? We have to take Isabella to the bus stop!

Me: Isabella - take your shoes upstairs and put them away so I can get the downstairs cleaned.
Isabella: Why?

Me: Girls, go brush your teeth before school so you won't get cavities and your breath doesn't stink.
Them: Why???

What's worse, is because they ask me why a million times a day AND I ANSWER THEM A MILLION TIMES A DAY - I usually am telling the why when I tell them to do something. It is beyond irritating and I decided it was going to stop today. Mama is already going crazy, she doesn't need an extra push. :)

Taking it one day at a time.......

No comments: