Monday, September 29, 2008

Festival Weekend

GARZAS ON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, they are the wheel from the corn grinding thing at the mill. (I wasn't paying much attention to the old man giving us the history lesson). LOL But, it is a Garza tradition (back from when Steve was a little boy - to take a picture of the kids on a rock while on vacation - so we continue the tradition!).

I've said it a million times - I suck at posting and loading pictures here on Blogger so - the pictures are being loaded in a screwed up - out of sync order of the weekend.

This is my brother waving to Isabella and Ava while driving the fire truck. He is a full time firefighter at a Naval station here but is on the local volunteer fire department.



The next two pictures are Sunday morning after breakfast. My aunt and uncle were in town for the weekend and they were staying at Spring Mill State Park. We met them for breakfast at the Inn and then wondered around the park and toured the Pioneer Village (where the Garzas on rocks pic was taken). My niece Dialycia is with us.

This is Ava at the festival on Friday night. She was so excited!

Trent (my bro), my mom, Steve, Me, Dialycia, Ava and Isabella at the end of the night Friday at the festival. Ava, Steve and I rode the Scrambler (Ava LOVED it) and Dialycia paid Isabella $5 to ride the Hurricane I think it was called with her. It went high in the air and around fast. You couldn't have paid me $50 to ride it! Isabella (the scaredy cat - LOVED it).
Ava giving Uncle Trent kisses. She *adores* Uncle Trent and Aunt Dialevash.
We only went uptown on Friday night and then went back to my moms and played cards with my aunt and Uncle and Trent and Dee. Actually, Steve stayed uptown with the girls until 11:00 PM!!!!!! Saturday we had breakfast at my moms and then Steve and I went over to one of my high school friends house for lunch before the parade. All of her family come (I grew up with them) as well as Brandy and Cindi - my BFF's from grade school. We watched the parade and then went back to my moms house for another lunch! My SIL's family all came over as well as my brothers dad and his wife. We ate, played corn hole, croquet and lots and lots of cards. I laughed so hard most of the afternoon and evening. This group is a riot together!
Sunday morning we went to Spring Mill and then after that came home and loaded the car and headed home. I was SOOOOO tired. I slept the 2 hours home and then for another 1 1/2 hours after we got home. Stayed up too late while we were there.



No comments: