Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ava at the Orchard & other news




Today Ava had a field trip to the local Orchard. I signed up to chaperone but so did every other Mom so we had 10 kids and 10 moms there today! It was fun being able to meet and talk with the other preschool Mommies. The last picture was Ava being a total priss because her pumkin was dirty. LOL
I'm fighting an upper resp infection - finally gave in and went to the Dr. this morning. So, hopefully the steriods to reduce the inflamation in my chest, inhaler to help with the coughing and the tightness in my chest and antibiotics to clear it all up do the trick. I had been taking mega doses of Oil of Oregano but it wasn't clearing it up quick enough and we are heading home for the weekend to visit with my friends and my aunt and uncle are coming over to my moms as well - so I wanted to make sure I was feeling good.
The past few nights have been spent hanging outside and visiting with the neighbors while the weather is still nice. Usually each night it's about 8-10 of us out there chatting while the kids ride their bikes and play tag.
Steve was asked to take a position in San Jose, California last week. He was personally asked by the Vice President of the Company (well, the VP called Steve's Regional Director) requesting him. As soon as I started researching the area and checking out the housing situation (even when we are in a "buyers market") I just about had a major panic attack. For $500K - you can get a shack just about. Not even 2000 sq ft and most only have 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Inside I was SCREAMING NO! NO! NO! but I appeared supportive to whatever Steve was going to decide. In the end, he turned the position down because it was going to be such a drastic lifestyle change for us. I *know* this isn't our final destination - do I wish it was? Yes - our neighbors are literally like our family (in fact - Mark and Amy were in tears when we were talking to them). But - I guess you just always assume a promotion and each additional move means you are moving up the ladder - not down. Steve's regional said he would like Steve to at least tell them what it would take for us to move to San Jose and Steve told him he was almost embarassed to let him know what it would take. So, he threw ridiculous terms out that would make it worth while for us and our lifestyle wouldn't change - and we haven't heard back (which translates - they know we/he isn't interested in this position).
So, that's the latest happenings here. The kids are down at Jacks playing so I'm off to fetch them.

No comments: