Friday, August 27, 2010

Volunteering

Tomorrow we are serving lunch at the Ronald McDonald house at Riley Childrens Hospital here in Indianapolis. We are doing it with our small group from church and I'm so excited. It's exciting for several reasons: 1. We get to do something for people who are suffering watching their children be sick, 2. we get to bless others when we are overflowing with blessings and 3. our kids get to help participate and be a part of it. I would love to say I volunteer all the time - but I would be not telling the truth if I did. Anytime I do volunteer - it ALWAYS blesses me much more than the recipient. I just have been praying for the families whose children have had extended stays at the hospital and for a speedy recovery for them. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in the parents shoes. I love Jesus and I would love to say I put Him first in everything - but again, I wouldn't be telling the truth. I put my children first almost always and that isn't the correct way on the life priority list. I need to be working on this!

Totally changing topics - with the luxury of facebook and blogs - it gives people a glimpse, well, a small glimpse into our lives. What makes me shake my head, want to scream from the mountains and then almost pee myself from laughing - is how horribly sad it is at how fake people are. They will talk like they are Jesus who is walking on water or Mother Theresa herself - with great parenting skills, patience like Job, wisdom like Einstein - the list could go on and on. But...people who have been around the aforementioned - know they are a pathetic, pathological liar who is flat out bat ass crazy. I just don't get it. I know I don't have an edit button. I know I should zip it much more often than I do - but what is going on in the lives/life of these people that requires them to have one "real" face at home, behind closed doors - and then a totally different "outward face". I'm a tell it as I see it type of person - and that type of person, like myself generally equals a love me or hate me type of reaction. But, that is fine by me. You either accept me for who I am - because I am NOT afraid to BE WHO I AM all the time. I don't need to put on super-mom who has it all together when in front of other family members or friends and then be a raving psycho-path while at home. But...that's just MY opinion.

And finally, I jump off of my high soap box to ask that if you pray - which, if you read my blog you more than likely love Jesus, believe in Him and pray - can you remember Ava and ask for healing on her tummy and acid reflux. She went to the Dr. this morning and more than likely it is acid reflux. I don't know if it's flaring up (she's never had a problem before this month) because she's been anxious about starting school, meeting new friends and all that is involved there. But, I hate seeing her in pain.

That's all I have! Not too exciting - lots of ranting and crazy talk - but that's me. heehee I vow to be a better, more frequent blogger!

No comments: