Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day of School 2010

Here are a few photos from the girls first day of school. And yes, I am one of THOSE Mom's that buys special, insane type of 1st day of school clothes...

My lighting is all wonky because it was sooooo hot outside and I didn't give my camera time to adjust from a 70 degree house to an 85 degree morning.






Both girls have adjusted well and are really enjoying school. Ava is already trying to be high maintenance and have me pick her up from school each day - not going to happen sweetheart. That's what the big yellow bus is for. She did ask me last night "Mom, if I'm sick and at the nurses office will you at least pick me up then?". I told her on that one, I would. lol
Piano has resumed as well for Isabella and wow oh wow! Talk about it being kicked up a notch...she has the left hand going at it, the right hand going at it - all at the same time, different beats, different notes - I don't know how she can read the music fast enough to play...she must have my Dad's blood running through her fingers and mind when she plays because everyone has said he was a fabulous piano player.
I'm resumed running yesterday. I went from being on week 2 of The Couch to 5K - injured my quad (yes, I am the most accident prone person around) and somehow had to start week 4 - per my running partner Jillian - oh, I mean Kris. lmbo
I'm doing good with the girls in school. Working slowing and cleaning each room and organizing each room in the house, tossing old toys, selling toys on Craigslist, exercising and the basic day to day chores. Oh, and I'm going to start cooking - yeah me!! lol I'll begin volunteering in the girls classrooms in September so I'm excited to start seeing them in action.



No comments: